Steph Slingshot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

12 answers to this question

I can't log in using either V2 or Phoenix (nothing to do with graphics card or PC specs), i simply get a message saying "log in failed".   I checked the SL Status Reports site and there's nothing there, so am clueless as to what's gone wrong.  Anyone else out there experiencing same and any idea what's going on?

Thanks.

The fact that a few people are suddenly getting this suggests a grid problem but there is nothing on the grid status page yet and I was able to log in immediately just now. Could be an issue that is affecting a limited number of residents and has not yet been posted to http://status.secondlifegrid.net/ 

The usual causes for this message are stated here http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/When_I_log_into_Second_Life,_I_receive_an_error_message_that_says_%22Despite_our_best_efforts,_something_has_gone_wrong...%22_and_tells_me_to_submit_a_log_file_to_Support.

Before you contact Support, there are a few things you can try that may allow you to log in.

1. Change your login location.
  2. During periods of high login activity (evenings and immediately after a new release of Second Life), this message may indicate that your login attempt has timed out. In this case, wait a few minutes, then try to log in again.
  3. Inspect your firewall settings (if you have a firewall) or consult with your network administrator
  4. Completely uninstall Second Life (including temporary cache files) and reinstall.

Keep an eye on the grid staus page. It's just after 3am SLT so could be a bit slower getting posted.

• Like 1

You should all be back online now.

[RESOLVED] Inventory server maintenance 3:00am June 10, 2011Posted by Status Desk on June 10th, 2011 at 04:00 am PDT

[RESOLVED 4:00am PDT] The inventory maintenance has been completed.

[postED 3:00am PDT] We will be performing inventory server maintenance starting at 3:00am PDT this morning. This maintenance should be completed by 4:00am. During this time, some residents will be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in for a brief period. This maintenance may disrupt in world chat, teleporting, transactions, and logins and new registrations. We ask that you please refrain from making any purchases in-world during this time and to make backup copies of any objects that you are currently building. Please check back here for updates

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.