Avatar heigh for couples animationw

friscolives

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am making my first animated furniture and was wondering if there
is a standard height used for the SL avatar. I am planning to make
some couple's animations as since all SL avatars are different heights
how do people make the animations somewhat line up?
I plan on using Anypose as my animation program.

Since avatars aren't standard, animation standards are equally lacking. No matter how you create your animations, they will misalign for some. Hand and foot placement will be the most inaccurate.

But if you need some sort of standard system, consider:

Taller avatar A

Taller avatar B

How much taller? Who knows!

As Wulfie said, there is nothing standard in avatars shape, we come in all forms and shapes. The only thing you can rely on is that avatars are aligned according to avatar’s center (Hit Box actually, but that is another story). But the height is not the only variable that will affect couple animations, there is entire set of variables that you can not control. I wrote about some of them on the forum, you can read it in here: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/431885-animation-facts-anyone-should-know

If you are purchasing full perm animations the best you can do is to grab the shapes from the full perm animation stores (if provided) and use them to setup animations. It is very important (at least when it comes to my animations) to move both avatars together in order to keep mutual position on imaginary zero, as well as to keep hover on 0 for both avatars. That way users will set their personal adjustments easier.

It is also important what animation system are you using. AvSitter has an option for editing and saving personal adjustments by end users and will remember them till users resets furniture.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 870 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.