UV Map Seams Show When Viewed At Distance??

Paulsian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Has anyone ever ran into an issue where the UV Map seam shows when viewed at a distance but not up close?

I created the UV Map in blender created texture and added it to the object. I upload in world and noticed up close the texture is great but when viewed from like 15 meters away the seam shows? At first it showed white because the png was white beyond the UV parts and was like okay i'll make around the uv parts black thinking the white was over powering the texture and breaking through. After that I had a black seam. I don't think it's second life because in blender I can see it from a distance too. 

The mesh is max lod, is there a such thing as max texture lod? :(

photo_2021-12-19_20-06-22.jpg

photo_2021-12-19_23-09-02.jpg

photo_2021-12-19_18-04-54.jpg

Hi :)

It happens because of mip mapping. This is like Lods for images.

OptimoMaximo explains and how to solve the issue in this earlier post :

The relevant posts are towards the bottom of the page. Scroll down to my last post where I try to explain why when baking out a texture to have the baked texture extend beyond the UV island border by using a sufficient margin value. (Edge padding)

Optimo then goes on to explain in more detail about mip mapping and also suggest other ways of increasing the texture beyond the UV island border by using padding filters in either PhotoShop or Gimp.

I just found a video that uses rocks like yours as examples :)

Edited by Aquila Kytori
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 872 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.