How do I change the way my avatar stands?

SatoArii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm assuming it has something to do with the skin you're wearing. Yesterday when I edited my avatar her stance changed, but when I logged in today it was back to the stance I originally had. I'm wondering if it was just a glitch.

3 answers to this question

Everyone is rezzed in SL with a default animation override (also known as an AO).  Sometimes you can purchse an item and wear it that will provide you with another AO, such as a walk with shoes or even an AO that comes with a shape.  You probably just removed the item that had the AO in it.  You can find out which item it is by putting one on at a time (check your 'worn items' tab in your inventory.

You can also purchase AOs at many places.  Just look in Search!

• Like 1

With your AO - you can buy new stands that you like then you will need to edit your AO

Your AO should have come with some instructions but with most of them you do the following:

- Deatch and rez ao on the ground

- Click edit on the AO and open the contents

- Drag your new standing poses into the AO then look for the notecard that has the animations

- You will need to edit this card deleting the stands you do not like and adding the names of your new poses in their place

- Save the card, reset your Ao, pick it up, wear it and you should be good to go

If you do not have an AO you can get them preloaded with a variety of animations for avatar movement at any of the larger animation shops like Vista for one

• Like 1

The way your avatar stand is not because of your skin. Every avatar has some standing animations (and walking, flying, sitting, and so on) built in. You can change these - swap them out - by wearing an Animation Overrider (an AO). These you can buy in animation stores, or in many cases find for free around in the freebie stores. Many AO's you find are loaded with animations for different things, but you can find single animations  and add to the AO yourself.

Have a look at the Marketplace (http://marketplace.secondlife.com/). Search for AO or Animation Overrider, and you will find a lot of  them. Many of them you can buy for free.

The stand you saw when you edited appearance is one specifically for this purpose. You only see that stand when you edit appearance. (Which is a good thing :D)

- Luc -

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.