Issues with changing parcel settings.

Rel Klaber

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Having an issue with being able to change parcel settings that are owned by a person and set to a group that I have a role (such as owner) that allows me to make such changes. When the parcels are changed to being owned by the group I can edit parcel settings fine, and if i own the parcel i can also edit parcel settings. When the parcels are changed back to individually owned and set to a group that I have the ability to change parcel settings i can't make any. I don't use rlv, the regions have been restarted a number of times trying to test this issue, it's the same on Sl viewer, Firestorm, Singularity, and Kirstens, all being clean installs which leads me to believe that it's a server side issue of some sort.

Anyone else coming across this problem or had it happen?

6 answers to this question

Just to be sure that I understand ...  You are standing on a parcel that is owned by someone else, but that owner has set the parcel to a group that you belong to.  You are the group's owner, or you have a role in the group that allows you to change parcel settings.  But you cannot change the settings.  Correct? 

I assume that you are wearing the group's tag. If so, you should be able to change settings. If that's not working, and restarting the region doesn't help, submit a support case and ask for LL help.  You are right, there's something bunged up in the server.  That sort of thing does happen sometimes.

That is correct. 😀

I did submit a ticket but haven't heard anything yet. I just hope that I used the correct dropdown on the page as there isn't any that really fit this sort of issue.

Pics showing it as well.

test1.png

test2.png

Edited by Rel Klaber
Horrible spelling. Additional info/images.

5 minutes ago, Rel Klaber said:

might note that others that aren't the parcel owner with the same titles can make changes to the parcel settings on parcels that are set to a group not deeded.

Oh, then it doesn't sound like a parcel issue at all.  If other people can change settings, it sounds like a problem with your own group permissions.

43 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Oh, then it doesn't sound like a parcel issue at all.  If other people can change settings, it sounds like a problem with your own group permissions.

I was wrong, they were able to make changes but can't now, LL changed it some time it seems, not sure when as they make parcel setting changes as infrequently as i do lol.

Edited by Rel Klaber
missing words lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 884 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.