why cant i use my keyboard?

Asaramoor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

my lap top is less than a year old so it meets the requirements for sl and i am useing wifi but when ever i log in and finish rezzing i cant use my key board i can only use my mouse i have tried viewer 2 and the beata viewer with the same problem i tried the 1.23.5 viewer and i could finally use my key board but then it started doing the same thing i deleated the viwers and redownloded the l.23.5 viwer and still have that problem i also tried the phenix viewer and still i can not use my key board. 

i can move around with my mouse but i cant type or use my direction keys any help would be apreciated

and also can you tell me how to reply to my question too? 

thanks

3 answers to this question

Hi. To reply to your question, you have to go to Question Options at the top left and choose edit.

Now, when my bandwidth is stuck at 0, I can't use my keyboard and I am on a very good system, as you have noticed, it is not the viewer.

So, using Viewer 2, log in under advanced mode, its on the login screen under mode next to the green login button. Once in, press ctrl shft 1. This will give you a statistics menu. The two main ones that you are concerned with are FPS and bandwidth. Is bandwidth 0 kbps? No moving.

What to do: get on a cable connection, not wireless. You should notice a remarkable difference. If not, let us know. 

Hello Asaramoor. If your laptop is HP, it is a known problem. Try to  turn off the computer, unplug the AC adapter it, take out the battery, hold the power button to the right for 30 seconds, put the battery back in, plug the AC adapter back in, turn it on. See it that helps.

You can reply to your question or clicking the reply button or also you can edit your post (Options --> Edit)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1854 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.