Looking for help to upload an object info SL

havvvah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 966 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, everyone, i  am looking for help because i would like to import a 3D car shape info SL but i really suck at it, when i import it, it's bigger than a house and it's around 600 prims heavy. lol

I don't know how to make it lighter and smaller.

Thank you

Edited by havvvah

13 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

After importing it, resize it like you would with any other object in-world.

It doesn't shrink as much as i would like to ...

12 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Remember, however, that a vehicle cannot have a physics weight > 32, so just shrinking it may not be enough.

What to do then? i'm lost... lol

Maybe i can show in world?

15 hours ago, havvvah said:

and it's around 600 prims heavy. lol

I don't know how to make it lighter

In SL a single mesh object, when rezzed inworld  is composed of 5 different models. 4 LoD (level of detail) models, High, Medium, Low and Lowest and a  separate Physics model.

When uploading your car object into the High LoD slot you have the choice then to let the Uploader auto generate the 3 lower LoD models or you can upload your own custom model in each of those lower LoD slots.  In the Physics tab you also have a similar choice for the Physics model.

Auto generated lower LoDs for something like a car will always be bad but if you don't care about how they will look then simply manually reducing the tri counts using the sliders for each LoD slot can reduce the Li cost a lot.

Ideally you should be optimizing your High LoD model in your 3D editor before uploading, reducing the tri count to what you think is the minimum and also creating your own lower LoD models so that you have full control overh both the way the car will look as you zoom in and out and and the Download cost ( LI , "prim" cost).

A car model should consist of a collection of different objects, for example the outer shell object, wheel objects, door objects and the interior of the car object. Each should have their own lower Lod models ...................... getting complicated now :).

Here is an example from an earlier thread: Read the text and note the tri count for the complete car (15250) and the tri counts for the shell of the car (3550) and for each of its different lower LoD models, (2350, 218, 24,) If I remember correctly the final LI cost for the complete car was around 45 when rezzed. ( the car shell by itself would have been ...........a little less than 20 LI)

Edited by Aquila Kytori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 966 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.