Buying new regions adjacent to existing Blake Sea estates

Brodie Mayo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it possible to buy new regions that are adjacent to the existing regions, south of Blake Sea for example, so that you can sail from from new regions to the Blake Sea?

I would like to create a small group of 4 new regions like this, that would be sailable to the Blake Sea but can't find a way to do so.

There are private estates already connected in this way, so it must be possible, I just can't find the option anywhere.

Hi Brodie! From the knowledge that I have gained (others are free to correct me, I don't claim to be any expert): there is no way to do this. The existing private estates (located in the eastern regions of Blake Sea) are grandfathered in and were established way, way before I joined SL (apparently rules were different long ago about connecting the mainland to a private estate). Therefore, in 2021, there is no way you can connect a new region to the mainland. I'm not even that sure if existing grandfathered estate owners can add new regions to what they have, perhaps they can (?) ... again, that was way before my time 🙂 Therefore, the only way to capture one of these regions would be to buy the entire estate/company... which I can only imagine would be a large bundle (example, Second Norway nearly went bankrupt and would have closed, but luckily an estate company purchased that region, keeping connected to Blake). 

The best you can do today is purchase parcels on Blake Sea on the mainland (i.e., the northern/western/southwestern areas of Blake Sea). The prices are very high... but occasionally you can find a good deal. You probably won't find entire SIMs, they are rare (but I've seen a few here and there, usually several million L$) ... but there are still nice finds to be had every once in a while, for the very persistent buyer 🙂 If you happen to start a rental business on Blake, poke me... always happy to make friends, we love the Blake Sea and also provide rentals there... it's a great place and very well worth the investment (and patience)!

Good luck!

Edited by Alexis Crisp
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Alexis Crisp said:

Therefore, in 2021, there is no way you can connect a new region to the mainland.

There is, apparently;  Someone posted about it a few months ago.  I don't recall the Knowledge Base link they posted, but if you plunk around, you might find it.  I recall you needed to have five regions, all rated G, all open to the public, and pay a fee to join your estate to the Mainland.  That's a lot of lindybucks to shell out, but a cool community service if you can afford it.  I forget if you could recoup some of the expense by renting it out or not.  Then again, I could be remembering it incorrectly.

Best of luck to you!  🙂

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 2

Just read through that wiki article, to paraphrase:

• You must have a minimum of 10 private islands to join the CLPP (with a maximum of 30, at least with a single CLPP application)
  • The regions MUST be open to the public (except banned residents)
  • Your account cannot have been indebted to LL within the last 18 months.
  • Your community must have existed for at least 1 year prior to the CLPP application
  • The regions must match their maturity ratings to the connecting mainland region, or lower. (e.g. a moderate Linden region can connect to a moderate private region, a moderate Linden region can connect to a general private region, but a general Linden region cannot connect to a moderate private region. Adult regions are excluded from the program.)
  • An application fee is payable to LL upon applying to the CLPP program.

A high bar, for sure, but not insurmountable.

Edited by Jenna Huntsman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.