what happened to my lindens

Antony Jonstone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i was buying a product from a vendor I had 800 L$ and the product i was going to buy costed 320 L$ After paying for the product my lindens dissapeared and I was left with - 1 L$  , the owner gave me a full refund although she didnt receive anything from me and I didn't receive the product i had bought   I invited a friend to second life i decided to lend him some L$ to buy a product, i had 679 L$ i payed him 320 L$ and the same thing happened I was left with - 1 L$ and he didnt receive the Lindens I payed him . after both incidence I received a message from My veiwer saying they have filled a report to Lindens labs or something simular and i was expecting to receive the lindens back but it has been a few months and I havent been updated on the situation nor have i had a refund and because it was such a small amount of lindens i let this issue pass 

on the 31/05/2011  I had a simular issue, a freind of mine asked for a contribution or a " tip " to help with his SL buisness and i payed him 183 lindens direct. at the time my current balance was 183 l$ i received a message from the veiwer.

Insufficient funds 

once again i got a message from the veiwer "An internal error prevented us from properly updating your viewer.  The L$ balance or parcel holdings displayed in your viewer may not reflect your actual balance on the servers. "

i have checked my transaction history and it states i have payed the following ammount 

05/31/2011

07:55:55 00db75c0

Destination: Juanse Zero 

Gift 

Region: Shinobi L$183  

my friend was not payed the 183 L$ and i had a new account balance of -1 l$

i now fear for my money and shall not make any more payments until this issue has been resolved

2 answers to this question

I suggest you phone Billing Support and see what they say.

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Portugal: 800.814.450
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only

Is it the inworld  display on your viewer that is broken or is your account balance on the website showing the wrong amount on your Transaction History?

It is quite common for the inworld display to go weird, but your money is safe so long as it shows correctly on the website.

There are several methods for trying to get the display to reset correctly. Some of the usual ones are:

1. Click the display (viewer 2) & it resets.

2. Press Ctrl+Alt+B

3. Change your active group tag.

4. Get someone to send you 1L

5. Attempt to buy a freebie box inworld.

It will also just correct it self eventually, sometimes after a relog. It is annoying when you actually want to spend money that you know you have, but don`t worry that your money is lost, its just a display error.

You could also try using a different viewer to see if that makes it happen less for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.