Do nore objects in a hud add to lag ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Newbie here.   I have an AO hud.  I would like two sets of AO's - one for day to day and one for sports activities.   The way I see it, I can;

a) have two copie of the  hud, one containing set 1 of the anims and dances, and one with set 2.
or
b) have both sets of anims and dances (we're talking about 30 in total) and load each set manually from two note cards as I choose.

Does b) increase lag ?

Although it doesn't inherently increase lag once set up, option b) takes longer to perform. The script function that reads lines from notecards has a built-in delay of 0.1 seconds, so reading 15 lines will take 1.5 seconds longer than if it wasn't restricted, on top of the manual fiddling about to get the process started.

If you use outfit folders, perhaps the easiest option would be to include the sports HUD in your sports outfit folders and the standard HUD with the others.

If I understand the options, either would be about the same. At this scale, I wouldn't worry about the number of items in the attachments. The lag tradeoff would be between the amount of work the script does to read the different settings (option b) vs the amount of time the sim spends loading up a different copy of the attachment and starting up its script (option a).

There's not enough difference to worry about in terms of lag, but as KT rightly points out, option b is likely to test your patience because notecard reading is so (artificially) slow, and combined with the advantage of including the AO in outfits, all pre-populated, option a wins.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.