Vendor that returns to the first item after a delay

Sylvia Wasp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

scenario

3 hours ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

My current vendors are really item 2 already, but I would say that my further scripting needs are: 

- making the vendors cycle back to the first item when not in use

- "freebie" vendor (I've never been able to figure out how to make my vendor script give out something that has zero value, so I currently use $10L)

- either a single item vendor (for the latest cool shiny thing) or ...

... a *display* of the latest cool product, in mesh, that you can also buy from. So ...  essentially a 3D version of a single item vendor

I've been thinking about the display angle because my clothes sell on the basis of the fine details and craftsmanship, so not being able to see the product before buying it is likely a huge hole in my strategy.

you are onto it.  Visualise a scenario/narrative/journey/story that makes you happy when you log in to your shop. Then create it

and as you are showing here, your scripting needs flow from this

on the points:

a freebie or gift vendor is easiest done with Touch. On touch give inventory to llDetectedKey(0)

rezzed facsimiles of clothing can be LI intensive (relative to vendor LI). So in-store displays will depend on how much LI you have available

as you don't provide demoes then yes I think that a in-store display of at least your latest product will help your visitors

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1013 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.