Help! Very specific script needed! (Update)

Dagger Fluffpaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! I'm a user looking for a very specific script that is modifiable. I have an avatar that has a screen for a face - Many users have others like it, but they all seem to have one similarity: A typing animation! For this, it uses a script that animates a texture upon typing, and stopping when done. I unfortunately have 1) Not found a script that is modifiable (or any script at all) 2) Cannot script myself 3) Have a very limited budget, which means I can't just buy a new head that has animated texture typing. Attached is a picture of my avatar, so you know what I'm talking about...

If anyone would be willing to help, it'd be great! Thank you very much!

screebface.PNG

UPDATE: I am willing to learn scripting and am looking into it - Thank you for the suggestions - but my budget does not allow it. I've been meaning to learn to script anyways, which will give me a big advantage for selling things on the MP. I am willing to learn from another user as well. Hands-on learning is good for me.

Edited by Dagger Fluffpaw
Updating situation

If you are looking for someone to write a custom script, post in the InWorld Employment forum. Be prepared to provide a careful explanation of exactly what you want, and be prepared to pay a fair price for it.  Custom scripting is not cheap.  When the scripter has to put in a lot of effort at writing and testing the script, and can only earn L$ from one sale, she's not going to give you a bargain price.

I agree with Rolig that this belongs in the In-World employment section.

In order for you to make use of such a script in the first place, you would need some custom textures to use for the animation. If you just so happen to be halfway competent at animating something yourself I might be interested in partnering with you to create a saleable product, but I agree with Rolig, (custom) Scripting is expensive. Even if I had all the textures in the perfect format, my time-cost would add up to at least 2000~5000 linden.

• Dagger Fluffpaw changed the title to Help! Very specific script needed! (Update)
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1027 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.