Mesh upload broken?

Naiman Broome

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Its since today that I cannot seem to be able to upload anything to SL , the uploader always says mesh error material of model is not a subset of subset ... or something liek that, but the fact is that it does without me even uploading lods, it does also with models I perfectly uploaded fine yesterday , and when I add lods well same results ... is it broken today?

No, that error is reported by the viewer so nothing has happened on the server side

That error is unfortunately a pain, and I have made a number of changes to how it works for the next release of FS to remove some of the reasons it appears.

There are a few different reasons:

1) the "mostly legitimate" reason, which is that one of your LOD models does not have the same materials as the high LOD (this is a thing I have changed next release to make it easier)

2) the High LOD is invalid or missing - it does not sound like it is this one for you

3) the model names in the Lower LODs are not matching the High LOD. Turn on detailed logging in the log tab and try again, it will give you a lot of info which might help narrow it down (it might add to you confusion too mind)

This blog http://beqsother.blogspot.com/2021/06/summarising-next-improvements-to.html

and the one before it explain the forthcoming changes. Not that they will help you right now.

Post the output in the detailed logging and that might help us help you.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having this same issue on every model now! Nothing works! I have even tried using the same model (the only thing different was that i changed the file name) into the med LOD and I got the material of model is not subset of reference model error. The same exact model! 

It's really frustrating me to wits end. Hopefully they fix this soon. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.