why is my avatar considered risky

Devil Coeur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Sounds like you are getting a No response from the Risk API used by third party linden exchanges.  Sometimes its just a temporary thing and if you try the transaction again, it will get a positive result.  In any case, you can read about in below.

--Cinn

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Exchange_Risk_API

What does the "No" response mean?

"No" indicates that a particular account shares behaviors with accounts that were proven to be high risk in the past. When an exchange receives a "No" answer, the exchange is advised that they need to decide if they will assume the risk of the transaction. Linden Lab does not require that Exchanges refuse to transact with an active account, but rather Exchanges are notified that if they transact on a "No" response, they assume the risk of the transaction.

What are some factors used in the Risk API algorithm?

Data we use is always changing based on current risk factors. The Risk API is a living process that changes constantly and would be difficult to accurately document on a day-to-day basis. Also, while we do strive to be as transparent as possible, transparency would be counterproductive if we made our methods for tracking risky behavior public knowledge.

How do I change my response from a "No" to a "Yes"?

As noted above, the data we use are always changing based on current risk factors. A "No" is not a permanent response, but rather a snapshot of a particular moment in time; most factors are constantly in flux. However, one steady factor is account payment delinquency. If you received a "No" unexpectedly, one step you can take is to review your account details for accuracy.

Linden Lab reviews the Risk API data regularly to reduce the possibility of inhibiting users unnecessarily.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.