Help Starting as a Child Avi in SL

Abigailee

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For awhile now i've always been curious about child avatars and family rp in SL so i recently took the plunge and opened a new account too be a child avatar. I have chosen the age i wish too be, i've been shopping and bought a skin, clothing, hair and ao for my avatar all age appropriate i'd think. I've even dropped by MAW and opened a panel too find a family and joined OSE Summer Camp as a way too meet other child avatars.

I'm quite a shy person and i don't often approach others first so i guess i'm asking in a round about way is this. What other ways can i meet people in SL that are child avatars, make friends, what things can i do other than go shopping all the time for fun as a child avatar that doesn't have many friends.

Thanks kindly in advance for all the help and advice.

Abigailee xx

You are more than welcome to visit Family Park. It's gotten bigger and bigger, and there is lots for a child avatar (and their family) to do. It stretches from one end overlooking Linden ocean, to the top of the hill, next door to a cinema which plays cartoons 24/7.

Everything is, of course, free to use. It's G rated land, so anything inappropriate should be reported, as the greeting mat says. 

Recent additions are a teacup ride and a few Meeroo to pet. I try to change things all the time. I took this park over (from a willing/busy friend), and have done my best to improve it ever since. Sign our guest book while there. If you want to see what some others have thought of it, click the guest book there to read past entries.

You will definitely meet other "kids" there if you drop in often enough.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Krypto/43/208/69

Have fun!

I will do, i dropped by earlier today though it was empty. I'll try again later i did play with the meeroos while i was there, so cute they are. Might have too get some myself when and if i get adopted lol.

I've actually enrolled in a school, Oceanside Elemetery, the summer camp though.

Great, that all sounds fun. Sounds like you are on the right track with it all.

Thanks for stopping in on the Meeroo. They really are cute - reminds me of a cross between a rabbit and a guinea pig. If you do adopt any, you're welcome to join my Fellowship if you want - if you didn't have another. (You can only join one. So I'm not insulted if you don't.)

Re: joining a family. Might want to take some time on that. Get used to exploring kid stuff, get used to Second Life if you are new, meet lots of people. The downside of all that, from what I hear, is that it can all be fly by night. People latch onto others and then vanish from Second Life. So, go on a long "trial period" if you go the adoption agency route, or just hang out places and get to know the people behind the avs, first. (I don't mean in a RL way, just, their sense of obligation.)  I see too many profiles with sad posts about people who vanished.

Best luck with it all.

When i see the Meeroo's i kinda think of Meercats and just how cute they are, i often wonder if they were moddelled around them lol.

One of the main reasons i became a kid avatar is because i wanted a family in SL, i wanted too experiance the kind of family RP that happens, maybe i'm rushing into it but that's me i tend too get a idea and just go with it now matter how quick it is. I'll try and be careful though and do long trial periods, i'm not having much luck though i have too admit, been on 2 trials so far and both seems too not match my online times so might have too try again.

I became a child avater more by chance than anything else, and now I'm hooked, mostly because she's so cute I can hardly stand it. I think my AO and the child animations are what make her so appealing. If you're interested in animations for your child I can make suggestions. I also have found wondeful freebies that are appropriate for a child, (I think).

Other than that, I do pretty much the same things I did as my adult avatars; explore, fly, hobo around, go camping, (in a tent, not for money), look at animals. I don't accept friends very often because most people who ask have different goals than I do, but if you want someone to play with and wish to contact me, I'm game.

I may try some of the places you have been, and plan to do a little more research on what SL children can actually do. I like being an "orphan", and really enjoy being a kid. Have fun!

Hiya Fennet,

Becoming a child avatar for me was more years of watching over child avatars wandering around hair stores, clothing stores, doing hunts and I couldn't help but go awwwww! at them lol. I learnt a little more about child avatars and family RP really from one I met very briefly a long time ago while doing a SL hunt, she was struggling with finding a item and I helped her, after that I kinda asked her a few questions about being a kid avi. Once I got over trying too understand the ickle speak lol I found what she did quite interesting and intriguing. I've since forgotten her name but she's one of the reasons I decided too give it a go, may have taken me a year lol but I got there eventually.

Animations I've actually got a full ao bits and pieces I bought from the store owned by daiz Papp, my adult avi has a AO from there so I'd seen some of the kid ao's before. I'd love of course suggestions for posing animations, moment I've got a few I found on Marketplace and I'll maybe buy some from Glitterati too.

Even on a adult avi I didn't do a lot, i shopped, hung at beaches, went dancing, shopped some more. I never really was one for exploring, low attention span I got bored easy. I'd love too meet up with you though, I have one friend inworld so far that I've talked too once, I'm finding that a lot of kid avi's seem too be in kinda cliches, not very approachable.

You should definitely check out OSE then, it's a elementary school in SL and it seems too be very very popular. Ocean Side Elementary and Hardknock I'm learning are the most popular schools in SL for kids.

I was going to write about all the great animations I found, but I don't think it's allowed here, so I deleted all of that. I'll tell you inworld if we meet up. My favorite AO was really cheap, very realistic for a kindergarden-aged child; my avi even sneezes and wipes her nose while she stands. The only problem is I can't add to it, although it's supposed to have modify permissions, I think.

I'm such a loner, I can't even imagine going to school. I'm really shy, and hardly ever approach anyone, but sometimes I hang around until someone talks to me. And I cannot bear iddlespeak, If that's what they're calling babytalk these days.

I just like bopping and cartwheeling and skipping around as a kid. My small size and androgenous look does seem to keep the sexual come-ons in check, (although from what I have read that isn't always the case). I've had a lot of fun playing stupid kid games with  immature adult avis I met.

When I want to be serious I switch to my adult avi. I like the kid avatar best, though. I got my child avatar as a kind of defense mechanism, after being pushed around several times. I find "the kid" doesn't seem to attract bullies, but that could always change. I have a few other secret weapon avatars I can switch to when situations get out of hand. Or just for fun.

Next time I'm online I'll see if you're there. I love to hang out at scenic places; my current fave is the Grand Canyon. It's great for my favorite activities, flying, skydiving, hang-gliding, anything that makes me feel free, which is the best thing Second Life has to offer, to me anyway. I'm pretty much an outdoor wild child kind of second-lifer.

Have fun!

You can discuss things you found or recommend, just so it isn't an overt ad or for your own profit, is my personal understanding of the fora rules.

You are correct that being in a child av doesn't always stave off advances. Hopefully the land owner where it happens will be on your side if or when that horrible day would come. Unfortunately there are a few still milling around in Second Life trawling for victims. Some even just get their jollies standing naked next to a child avatar, although whether that's in some weird hope to send in a false AR or to get personal jollies is almost impossible to tell. 

I can tell you without doubt that any such activity on any of my land meets with an immediate and swift ban and AR. If that helps anyone to feel safer.

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3797 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.