A very strange thing happened to one of my builds! Sigh!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

HI everyone!  A very strange thing happened to one of my builds!  It is a Lunar Lander.Lunar Lander_001.png

I was getting it ready for resale, and to my dismay, the permissions has changed to no transfer!  How can this happen, as everything was made by me!  Argg!  Nothing in it is no transfer!  Sigh!  Has this happened to any of you!  Any input, or help is much appreciated!

Peace!

yes,I been working on  a new build.The build is a baby it has scripting and prim work.All the prim work my partner made and in the form of full perm maps.All the scripting I made from scratch.I took it into my inventory  to box it ...and it was no trans..I was like wtfarooooo...I rez it againa it was still no trans...So I delinked it all thinking some how I linked a prim laying around that was not mine..not the case and when I linked it all back..it was once again full perms to me.Very strange and I just wrote it off as a SL bug,seen to many not too.

• Like 1

wrable Amat wrote:

yes,I been working on  a new build.The build is a baby it has scripting and prim work.All the prim work my partner made and in the form of full perm maps.All the scripting I made from scratch.I took it into my inventory  to box it ...and it was no trans..I was like wtfarooooo...I rez it againa it was still no trans...So I delinked it all thinking some how I linked a prim laying around that was not mine..not the case and when I linked it all back..it was once again full perms to me.Very strange and I just wrote it off as a SL bug,seen to many not too.

I hope that is all I have to do!  Lots of parts in it though!  Been working on it for over 4 months!  Whew!  Thanks for your input!

Peace!

hi Hippie! Would rezzing on another sim help? (meaning a sand box or a safe sim lile Smith) Did you set permissions for other residents? tI happend to me once because the object was deeded to group. I had to remove rights and reconfigure the item's properties.

btw, I went to Lagrange this morning, great job!:smileyhappy:

Edit: is it still "copy'?

• Like 1

for th record I have no idea if what worked for me will work for you.So please only delink at your own risk.

If you made every part,animation and this is 100% kit free this can be a sim issue and you might be stuck.Always,Always,Always make bac up coppies of builds you are working on!!! SL can not be the most stable place at a time they are repairing or updating things and you can loose things on the ground,perms get wonky and many other strange things can happen.AS a rule I make a copy every time I finish a task in a build and delete the last one so its not confusing.

I been working on a new baby for a month,it  intails AOs,Animations,Huds ,sculpted prims and I can say I have run into some hard working days in SL this month.good luck and make back ups as you build!!!

• Like 1

valerie Inshan wrote:

hi Hippie! Would rezzing on another sim help? (meaning a sand box or a safe sim lile Smith) Did you set permissions for other residents? tI happend to me once because the object was deeded to group. I had to remove rights and reconfigure the item's properties.

btw, I went to Lagrange this morning, great job!:smileyhappy:

Hey Val!  I will try that.  No the ship is not deeded to group, but will check again.  Ahh!  You came to visit!  Woot!  Wish I could have been there, but I am at work!  Thanks for your input!

Peace!

• Like 1

Luc Starsider wrote:

Hippy. I've seen this happening. Very strange. Are you by any chance on one of the RC regions? Could it be there is a bug in the server software causing this? (unless it is what wrable says)

[EDIT] Does using a different viewer make a difference?

- Luc -

Hi Luc.  Not sure what server version is running at lagrange point.  It is a private island.  I will try a different viewer too!  Thanks for your input!

Peace!

wrable Amat wrote:

for th record I have no idea if what worked for me will work for you.So please only delink at your own risk.

If you made every part,animation and this is 100% kit free this can be a sim issue and you might be stuck.Always,Always,Always make bac up coppies of builds you are working on!!! SL can not be the most stable place at a time they are repairing or updating things and you can loose things on the ground,perms get wonky and many other strange things can happen.AS a rule I make a copy every time I finish a task in a build and delete the last one so its not confusing.

I been working on a new baby for a month,it  intails AOs,Animations,Huds ,sculpted prims and I can say I have run into some hard working days in SL this month.good luck and make back ups as you build!!!

Thanks Wrable.  My plan of attack is to make a copy of the ship, then unlink one piece at a time, to see if I can find the culprit!  Thanks so much for your input!  I am giving Kudos to everyone here!  Woot!

Peace!

valerie Inshan wrote:

hugs you my friend! Hope it works out! Please let us know :smileyhappy: In case you need it, i will open my sim for ya.

Thank you Val, and hugs to you!  I will let everyone know how it goes.  Thanks for being a good friend!  Woot!

Peace!

Knowl Paine wrote:

A Resident posted this same kind of question just the other day. That would be one nasty bug. Sure hope you find the reason.

Yes Knowl!  It just floored me!  I could not believe my eyes!  Arggg and sigh!  Oh well.  Better days ahead huh?!

Peace!

Now here is a twist to the story.  My friend, and colleague Chaz builds space craft too.  He lives on the sim too, and is a resident.  Well the same thing happened to the ship he is building too!  Go figure.  It all happened yesterday.  Could a copy bot do this?  Just wondering.

Peace!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Hi Luc.  Not sure what server version is running at lagrange point.  It is a private island.  I will try a different viewer too!  Thanks for your input!

Peace!

Ah, right. Then it won't be because of RC versions of the sim software.

I doubt the problem is because of a copy bot, as you asked. A copy bot wouldn't be able to change the rights on *your* object. It would just make it's own copy and change the rights on the copy, wouldn't it?

I'm wondering if this is a great, big, bug somewhere, as Knowl suggested. One of these, perhaps:

cartoon_bug.jpg

- Luc -

Luc Starsider wrote:

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Peace!

Ah, right. Then it won't be because of RC versions of the sim software.

I doubt the problem is because of a copy bot, as you asked. A copy bot wouldn't be able to change the rights on *your* object. It would just make it's own copy and change the rights on the copy, wouldn't it?

I'm wondering if this is a great, big, bug somewhere, as Knowl suggested. One of these, perhaps:

cartoon_bug.jpg

- Luc -

Great.  Oh love the bug!  I stole it!  heheh!  Thanks for you help!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.