Skin and freckle tattoos in BOM

ElissaAnne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a Lelutka EvoX head and this is a question about applying tattoos. Hi, I have a head skin tattoo and a freckles tattoo. I dress using the CTS Wardrobe and it just adds all the items in a somewhat random order. When I do this, most of the time, my freckles tatto is hidden by the skin tattoo. I have to go in with the outfit editor and change the order of the tattoos. And if I add something else later, it does not necessarily show as it can be hidden by the skin layer and again I have to adjust the layers.

Is there some way to control the way that BOM tattoos are baked? 

I love BOM but this randomness in how it bakes on tattoos is very annoying.

1 answer to this question

13 minutes ago, ElissaAnne said:

I have a Lelutka EvoX head and this is a question about applying tattoos. Hi, I have a head skin tattoo and a freckles tattoo. I dress using the CTS Wardrobe and it just adds all the items in a somewhat random order. When I do this, most of the time, my freckles tatto is hidden by the skin tattoo. I have to go in with the outfit editor and change the order of the tattoos. And if I add something else later, it does not necessarily show as it can be hidden by the skin layer and again I have to adjust the layers.

Is there some way to control the way that BOM tattoos are baked? 

I love BOM but this randomness in how it bakes on tattoos is very annoying.

From @Skell Daggerblog

Tattoos, etc. do stack in the order they’re worn in, but if you go to “Edit My Appearance” and click on a tattoo, etc. in the list of the items you’re wearing arrows will appear – clicking on those arrows will move that item up or down in the stack, and when you save what you’re wearing as an outfit that order will be remembered.”

(Y’know, I’ve spent 12 years in SL and every day is still a lesson to me. I had no idea about moving stacked layers like that…)

However, in the case of makeup—for example—the layers will stack in the order you added them. If you’re going to wear three different eyeshadows then you’ll get an entirely different look if you add them in 1, 2, 3 order than you would if you add them in 3, 2, 1 order.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1080 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.