Cyber-atmosphere sounds used on sims like Graves and others

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love cyber sims.  I haven't experience a lot of them yet, but the few I have been to, not only have amazing graphics to look at, but I LOVE the ambience sounds. 

Is anyone familiar with the cyber ambience sounds I'm referring to, and can maybe direct me to where I can find them, to either download or listen to while at home or office?

There is another sim which I don't have the name of in front of me (I'm at work), which has amazing far out cyber ambience sounds.  It reminds me of "Journey through Inner Space", the old ride at Disneyland years ago (not sure how many oldschool heads might remember that haha).

Thanks!

• Lindens

OMG OMG OMG... I LOVE cyber places in Second Life and when sound is used to enrich the senses!

Do you have specific SLurls to where these sounds are playing? I think I know which ones you're referring to, but they'd help others understand. I like me a hearty stew of whirrs, clicks, bleeps, and other digital glitches. Maybe we should start a compilation of coolest soundscapes in SL. :D

Ever used Advanced menu > Highlighting and Visibility > Highlight Transparent? That can help you find invisible sound sources, so you can contact the creators. Maybe some of them are sound designers that have extended versions (like MP3s) you can listen to.

It's such a keen thing for me, because I know how nature relaxation recordings are popular, but I like sci-fi sonic landscapes. I can continue immersing myself and thinking about transhumanism and what the future holds for us, even if that's a stylized, romanticized view influenced by the likes of Blade Runner and Deus Ex — both of whose soundtracks do have computery tones mixed with melodic lushness. In particular, the Deus Ex: Invisible War ambience is a fave. (The soundtrack is out there somewhere for free download; alas, the old link I had broke. But there's always

.) There are so many other sources of inspiration I could list, including Delia Derbyshire's gurgly early experiments, Wendy Carlos' seminal work with TRON, and the more playful antics of Kingsley & Perrey.

I've also included cyber-atmospheres in my own music.

As I described earlier:

A boredom enforcement officer is tired of his cubicle and slumps in the corner. He hears droids chattering, sleepily smiles at the starfield unfolding behind his coffee cup, and maybe a better job opportunity calling during the recession. Reading self-help books leaks inspiration all over his worldview. Even the cleaning robots can't rouse him from this slumber, oh my!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.