OMG HELP

2toe Bigboots

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

SO im making a hud and for some reason when i give it to my alt they cant use the functions. Its a attck hud that rezzes a object , click the object and a menu drops down then you choose a name to attack, but only my main the maker can use it why ive tryed everything. please help me. 

Is this what you mean?

touch_start(integer num_detected)    {            if (llDetectedKey(0) == llGetOwner())            {                llSensor("",NULL_KEY,AGENT,96,PI);            }    }

Or 

default{    state_entry()    {        llListen(6645,"",llGetOwner() ,"");    }    on_rez(integer start_param)    {        start_pos = llGetPos();        llPlaySound("LOLZ",1.0);        llOwnerSay("touch me to start scanning");    }    touch_start(integer num_detected)    {            if (llDetectedKey(0) == llGetOwner())            {                llSensor("",NULL_KEY,AGENT,96,PI);            }    }    no_sensor()    {        llSay(0,"waiting...");        state searching;    }    sensor(integer num)    {        list targets;        integer i;        if(num > 12)            num = 12;            for(i=0;i<num;i++)        {            targets += [llGetSubString(llDetectedName(i),0,23)];        }        llDialog(llGetOwner(),"select target to trace",targets,6645);    }    listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message)    {        victim = message;        llOwnerSay("touch again to stop assimilation");        state tracing;    }}state tracing{        state_entry()        {                        llSetText("", <1,0,0>, 1.0);            llSetTimerEvent(5.0);            llSensorRepeat(victim,NULL_KEY,AGENT,96,PI,1.0);        }        no_sensor()        {            state searching;        }        sensor(integer num)        {            warpPos(llDetectedPos(0)  + <0, 0, 0> );        }        touch_start(integer num_detected)        {            if (llDetectedKey(0) == llGetOwner())            {                llOwnerSay("touch again to start scanning");                state default;            }        }        timer()        {            float time = min + llFrand(max - min);            llSetTimerEvent(time);        }}

My alt can rez the object, then click on the object, the menu will show up with ppl names in range, i can click the menu goes away but it wont attack

if i give the script to my alt and let him build with it it works, so i think its in the permissions but idk

Just to make sure I understand:

• Ava touches object
  • script scans and showqsd dialog with avas near
  • when ava selects a name, script changes state and scans for victim
  • if victim is still there, warpPos(llDetectedPos(0) + <0, 0, 0> );
     happens

I can't see anything here that shouldn't work - but nothing really happens, either

so would it look like this ?

default{    state_entry()    {        changed( integer vBitChg ){ //--with this added to intergers ?    if (CHANGED_OWNER & vBitChg){        llResetScript(); //-- in trace state you can change this to "state defalt;"    }}        llListen(6645,"",llGetOwner() ,"");    }    on_rez(integer start_param)    {        start_pos = llGetPos();        llPlaySound("LOLZ",1.0);        llOwnerSay("touch me to start scanning");    }    touch_start(integer num_detected)    {            if (llDetectedKey(0) == llGetOwner())            {                llSensor("",NULL_KEY,AGENT,96,PI);            }    }    no_sensor()    {        llSay(0,"waiting...");        state searching;    }    sensor(integer num)    {        list targets;        integer i;        if(num > 12)            num = 12;            for(i=0;i<num;i++)        {            targets += [llGetSubString(llDetectedName(i),0,23)];        }        llDialog(llGetOwner(),"select target to trace",targets,6645);    }    listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message)    {        victim = message;        llOwnerSay("touch again to stop assimilation");        state tracing;    }}state tracing{        state_entry()        {                        llSetText("", <1,0,0>, 1.0);            llSetTimerEvent(5.0);            llSensorRepeat(victim,NULL_KEY,AGENT,96,PI,1.0);        }        no_sensor()        {            state searching;        }        sensor(integer num)        {            warpPos(llDetectedPos(0)  + <0, 0, 0> );        }        touch_start(integer num_detected)        {            if (llDetectedKey(0) == llGetOwner())            {                llOwnerSay("touch again to start scanning");                state default;            }        }        timer()        {            float time = min + llFrand(max - min);            llSetTimerEvent(time);        }}

OR is changed( integer vBitChg ) a new state at beggining ?

Changed is an event and inside this event you check, if the change that happened was an owner change.

You should do that in both states

default{    state_entry()    {        llListen(6645,"",llGetOwner() ,"");    }    on_rez(integer start_param)    {        start_pos = llGetPos();        llPlaySound("LOLZ",1.0);        llOwnerSay("touch me to start scanning");    }    touch_start(integer num_detected)    {            if (llDetectedKey(0) == llGetOwner())            {                llSensor("",NULL_KEY,AGENT,96,PI);            }    }    no_sensor()    {        llSay(0,"waiting...");        state searching;    }    sensor(integer num)    {        list targets;        integer i;        if(num > 12)            num = 12;            for(i=0;i<num;i++)        {            targets += [llGetSubString(llDetectedName(i),0,23)];        }        llDialog(llGetOwner(),"select target to trace",targets,6645);    }    listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message)    {        victim = message;        llOwnerSay("touch again to stop assimilation");		state tracing;	}	changed( integer vBitChg ) { //--with this added to intergers ?		if (CHANGED_OWNER & vBitChg) {			llResetScript(); //-- in trace state you can change this to "state defalt;"		}    }}state tracing{        state_entry()        {                        llSetText("", <1,0,0>, 1.0);            llSetTimerEvent(5.0);            llSensorRepeat(victim,NULL_KEY,AGENT,96,PI,1.0);        }        no_sensor()        {            state searching;        }        sensor(integer num)        {            warpPos(llDetectedPos(0)  + <0, 0, 0> );        }        touch_start(integer num_detected)        {            if (llDetectedKey(0) == llGetOwner())            {                llOwnerSay("touch again to start scanning");                state default;            }        }        timer()        {            float time = min + llFrand(max - min);            llSetTimerEvent(time);	}	changed( integer vBitChg ){ //--with this added to intergers ?		if (CHANGED_OWNER & vBitChg) {			llResetScript(); //-- in trace state you can change this to "state defalt;"		}    }}

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.