Am I trying on demos correctly?

LaikenCitara

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys,

I have a lelutka evo head (nova) and have been trying on a bunch of demos for face skins...they usually come with shapes but when i put everything on, there's only super mild differences. The eye shape, lips, etc all seem to be the same and the only changes are like the nose/cheeks? Nothing too obvious -  I just want to make sure I'm not missing something? I def notice the changes that ARE there, I just want to make sure there shouldn't be more. 

I am including a photo of what I look like without any demos on and then an example of a demo I tried on (interface included so you can see what I put on). I'm newer to this so any advice is appreciated! x

**Edited to add a pic I took in the store of the vendor model. I know that it won't look *exactly* like that unless I have all the same hair and makeup, etc. But how would I get her lip shape, brows etc?

Side note - for shapes - if I have a shape for my head/face equipped, can I also get a separate shape for my body? Or can I only wear 1 shape total? Just wondering...I am currently shopping for my head and face but was hoping to buy a body shape later rather than making my own shape. 

Thanks everyone!

Nina

forum 1_001.jpg

forum 2_001.jpg

aimee at skinnery_001.jpg

Edited by LaikenCitara

31 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Both pictures look.like the exact same skin.  Can you screen shot your worn items?

yep! both below... first without the demo on and second with the demo on. I can see a difference in general shape and some details but nothing in the mouth or eyes changes so I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or missing a step? ty xx

forums pic 1_001.jpg

forums pic 2_001.jpg

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Take.off the nova base brows.  Also, clear any makeup using the lelutka HUD.

oh that makes a huge difference! thank you...i attached a pic below of what it looks like now including the worn folder... is this correct? 

5 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Are you using just the body alpha or body and head from the maitreya folder?

I wear the only alpha in the maitreya folder, I don't think there's another option unless I'm just looking in the wrong place? I'll attach another photo showing the contents of my maitreya folder

i soo appreciate all of your help x

new worn folder_001.jpg

maitreya inventory_001.jpg

9 minutes ago, LaikenCitara said:

oh that makes a huge difference! thank you...i attached a pic below of what it looks like now including the worn folder... is this correct? 

I wear the only alpha in the maitreya folder, I don't think there's another option unless I'm just looking in the wrong place? I'll attach another photo showing the contents of my maitreya folder

i soo appreciate all of your help x

new worn folder_001.jpg

maitreya inventory_001.jpg

That looks better.  If you plan to get a matching BOM skin for your body, remember to remove both alphas and only wear an eye alpha if you still.want applier eyes

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

That looks better.  If you plan to get a matching BOM skin for your body, remember to remove both alphas and only wear an eye alpha if you still.want applier eyes

Ok perfect. Thank you! And also, if it's ok to ask, since I would be using a shape for my head, can I also use a shape for my body or would I just have to make my own body shape with the sliders? I prefer to buy one but not sure if I can use both a face and a body one... x

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Only one shape at a time.  I usually use the shape included with the face to get as close to that look as possible.  Adjusting body shape doesn't make much difference on the look of the body skin.

thanks for all of your help! xx

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.