Market place items removed, report not accessible, reasons not made clear, fear of harassment!

Lita Christenson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I appreciate you guys responding.  I had seen the 'pet supplys' but the horse avatars are not pets they're people, nor or they those breedable prims. They're people in Horse Avatars.   But I do cede the home and garden one. :/  Not happy with it.. but I see your point.  Though, I had a feathers and beads adornment for the horse avatars that was also on that list.  You would think their accessories to their avatars such as perties to wear, wagons etc...  would be allowed in horses catagory? If in avatar accessories it's lost amongst thousands of two legger stuff. ;(   But anyway... 

I now regret doing my little rant on the silly buckets.  Because my biggest  issue was lack of understanding the WHY so that I could fix it properly.  This one I now know but there were others. So I was really hoping the Lindens would hear that we need a place to refer back to for the reasons the listings were taken off.  It would help a great many do it right the next time and 'LEARN'!  So, that would in essence... reduce the Lindens work load right? ;)  So basically it would be helping themselves if they made a place to store the dropped listing notices. ;)  And on that note.. I'm done. Thank you for your help and input guys. :) Have a good one. 

Original Question:

First off.. why is there no choice in the "Where do you want to post this question" menu for Market Place? i ASSUMED shopping was the closest thing? 

Recently I had quite a few of my items on Market Place removed? The report is not set up to hang out long enough for us to fix them one by one for each reason. :(  There should be some way we can refer back to it. To be fair.. right? So anyway, I had to reread all the entrys/choices etc to try and 'guess' WHY they were removed. I personally couldn't find anything I had done wrong in the listings that would have made a hillabeans. And one question/set of items in particular grated my nerves. If I make an item, say my buckets of water and feed (oats), to be used in conjunction with horse folk (as I rp as one) then WHY can't I list it under horses??? I do remember that one... and thought how absurd was that complaint?! Was it from a competitor that just wanted my lower price item off MP? I know there are those that hate that I undercut their prices. I did look for another category but there was no CLEAR CUT one to put it under except for the group that it was intended to market to...ie HORSES. Or.. maybe I don't understand what the lindens expect here. All I know is recently I keep getting slammed with those and I think if they're gonna target a lot of items we should get a NC in world or SOMETHING that better explains WHAT we need to fix that we can REFER back to. I'm all for following rules guys. But you need to communicate them to me. The search I did that took me to a document for SL, as to the guidelines, was useless. It didn't come close to addressing what I might have done wrong. I didn't have anything that would have been harassment, false advertising, rude etc. They were just buckets for crimy sakes!  Made with textures for water and feed (oats) in them for HORSES! I think we have a right to know why and/or WHO may be breathing down our necks so ya'll don't inadvertently play into a competitors wish to get rid of sellers that's a  thorn in their side due to low pricing.  "I" feel harassed here. Where are MY rights? Ya know? Full disclosure people! With that said.. I'll be ready and willing and happy to admit whatever wrong I did do if someone would just explain it to me. I do want to follow the rules folks. I really do. But how can I do that with such a vague report that I can't even refer back to? And since I've seen this type of post by others who feel like I do.. I really think the Lindens should address the method of policing Market Place. Help us follow the rules. Help us understand!!! Okay, I'm done. Thank you for your time to read my little rant.  :) 

2 answers to this question

Of you sell stuff like a bucket of water for horses to drink, or decoration for stables i guess, the correct place is the "Animal & Pet Supplies" category, or even under Home & Garden, if purely decorative. "Horses" is more for the Animals self.

I had that once with an Item inadvertedly wrong listed and it gave me a reason after login in the Merchant area.

Firstly, it doesn`t matter too much what category you post your question in here, we will answer them anywhere, we aren`t as strict as the Marketplace hehe :D

Secondly, it really doesn`t matter if someone flags you items on the MP, every item is looked at by a Linden before it delisted, it will not be delisted just because a competitor flags it.

Lastly, I checked for categories for your oats and water and there would appear to be similar items listed in both:

Animals >Animal & Pet Supplies > Animal Feed & Water Supplies and in  Animals > Breedable Pets

It would not belong in Animals > Horses, because it is not a horse.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.