BLACK ALPHA and ZERO PHYSICS?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok idk if this is the right category about this matter (It can also be in the Art and Photography). I tried Kirsten's before but the shadow feature is or was (idk right now) not supported in Mac and now for the 1st time I can enable shadows in the lates V2.7 BETA  and yay for that!;)  Unfortunately, as what other say.. There's no such thing as PERFECT...

I attached some photos with shadows enabled  and the alpha texture especially in my hair is flat black. I also attach a normal graphic setting with no shadows.

1st and 2nd Photo are  shadows enabled and the last one is my default setting.

shadow 1shadow 2normal

In addition, I set the physics to maximum and I was expecting a movement in "soft parts" of my body.... My breast and butt are still hard as rock lol!;)

Can anyone help me regarding this matter?;)  Is it a bug or I just need to tweak something in the debug settings? 

Specs: Macbookpro late 2010 model version 10.6.7 , 2.66 ghz core 2 duo, 4 gm RAM,   Vcard: Nvidia geforce9400M + geforce 9600M GT

Hello there.

• Shadows on Macs -- yes, LL stabbed a few things to try to make it work, I guess that they are stabbling the right things!
  • Black alpha textures -- there is a patch for that somewhere in the LL system. I guess it did not get fixed in time for the first beta, but there was a fix for it in some of the test viewers.
  • No jiggles: Did you make or get a physics layer and wear it? This is not quite like the old Emerald thing, we each get to decide if we bounce and how much.  This KB page tells how to make one.

tako Absent wrote:

Hi again;) I downloaded the development viewer but I can't even open the viewer. It crashes. 

Can i patch the beta viewer and how can i do that? Could you tell me a step by step procedure please?
;)

That is the problem with development viewers, they are not quite cooked yet! Some days they work better than other days. To patch the viewer you would have to compile the whole thing yourself. That is a big undertaking, especially to set it up for the first time... You can look through the general and Mac specific instructions and decide if it is worth the trouble.

The bug fix will probably be in the next beta or the one after that, it could be easiest to wait for LL to work the patch through the system.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.