Is there a gadget for transforming outfits?

Alexis Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don’t know how to explain this too well but I’ll try my best >.< I’ve seen a few outfits in SL have two ways to wear at the click of a button I was wondering if there’s maybe a gadget/hud etc that allows you to play a transforming affect when you change your saved outfits if that makes sense?? I.e when I use my mermaid outfit it looks like I’m magically transforming instead of just detaching my legs and popping on a tail 😂

I doubt it. The legs and tail are made by different people. At some level they would have to coordinate for you to get a smooth transform. Think of all the clothes makers the tail maker would have to coordinate with.

Fades in SL are done with a change in transparency. I can't think of any way to get a Classic/BOM body to fade. Mesh bodies could but now the thing is to minimize the attachments used by a mesh body. My Slink Redux is a single attachment for body, feet, and hands. Alphas are handled by system layer alphas, which are 100% opaque or 0%.

I would have to go back the Slink Classic (Applier body) to have any chance of a fade. While that mesh body could fade that is not built into the HUD. Someone could build a fader. They would have a complicated challenge getting it to work with all the bodies and I think trying to run a fade through Omega would be WAY awkward.

While it might be possible to run a series of RLV forced alpha layer changes.... I think this is a way complex low demand feature.

I think it would be WAY neat. But I can't see it happening.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1181 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.