Issue Creating Asymmetric Upper Tattoo

jeankyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My "Left Arm Tattoo" slot is not working - it won't show anything. Not even a Blank texture. It's like it doesn't exist. Has anyone else been having this issue? Is it a known glitch? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance.

It isn't a glitch. It  is a gotcha...

The default SL avatar map has one arm. Anything drawn on that one arm appears on both arms. Some bodies use a custom UV Map with two arms. I suspect you are  using a two arm map on a one arm body...

Slink uses an asymmetry harness... a second layer set of arms and hands that alphas out the basic Redux bodies arms. It is an attachment for those who want asymmetrical arm tattoos. It has a custom UV Map. It comes with a HUD similar to the old applier body type HUDs and uses alpha cuts. I find it pretty handy with off-one-shoulder tops.

For more definitive answers we need to know which UV Map you are using and which body you are targeting.

Thanks so much for your response, Nalates!

I haven't logged in yet today, but I will look into that. However, that doesn't explain why a plain white texture still doesn't show up on the left arm. No matter what the unwrap is, it should still show up white.

I tried this on the basic system body, and Slink Hourglass. When I try anything on Legacy or Maitreya, the textures glitch in various places when in Edit Appearance mode. Testing a tattoo on them is near useless.

I'm doing all this with Bakes On Mesh, though I suppose I could try with Omega testing it. I'd rather avoid all the HUDs while I'm working, though.

• Haha 1

On 1/30/2021 at 7:01 AM, jeankyn said:

Thanks so much for your response, Nalates!

I haven't logged in yet today, but I will look into that. However, that doesn't explain why a plain white texture still doesn't show up on the left arm. No matter what the unwrap is, it should still show up white.

I tried this on the basic system body, and Slink Hourglass. When I try anything on Legacy or Maitreya, the textures glitch in various places when in Edit Appearance mode. Testing a tattoo on them is near useless.

I'm doing all this with Bakes On Mesh, though I suppose I could try with Omega testing it. I'd rather avoid all the HUDs while I'm working, though.

You aren't answering our questions, which makes it difficult to say.

A white skin texture should turn the whole avatar white, arms and all. If it isn't doing that, I suspect you have your BoM and mesh body alphas settings messed up. Put on a white skin using a system layer skin. Take off the mesh body. Do you have a completely white avatar? You seem to have tried this, but you aren't clear about the result.

When you say edit mode, which images are you looking at? The images in the Appearance panel are often messed up. So, if you are saying those images are useless, I agree. Even the avatar while in edit mode may not look right. There is a lot going on wile the avatar is in edit mode. It is not surprising the panel pictures and avatar look messed up. I tend to add and remove tats I'm working on without going into appearance edit mode. I try to avoid the glitch zones in the edit mode. To revise the tat I'll click Edit in the inventory panel.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1195 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.