UUID for PSC license plate?

Jayce Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello All, 

I am fairly new to Second Life and am in need of some assistance. I purchased the "PSC General Dubs Series MESH Truck" made by Action and in order to change the license plate I need to input my own  UUID code. I honestly don't know much at all about what a UUID is. I have researched and found that its a long code made up with different numbers. However I don't know how to build the code or find anywhere to generate a code. Please help me out with this Second Life for Dummies issue. Thanks in advance :)

2 hours ago, JxStyles said:

...in order to change the license plate I need to input my own  UUID code. I honestly don't know much at all about what a UUID is.

It sounds like we're talking about a texture-change script here. A texture is an image, in this case an image of a license plate.

A "UUID" or a "key" is an "identifier," which is how scripts are able to know which specific texture to use (out of the millions of textures in SL).

If you have a full-perm texture, you can right-click it in your inventory and select "Copy Asset UUID" to copy it into your clipboard. Then you can paste it into the script you have.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1249 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.