Lag! (All viewers I use.)

Kunari Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All!

I currently have 12 Gigs of Ram, a Nvidia GTX 580 Graphics card and a Phenom 2 six core.

I have been getting very low fps (2-11) in sims with only 2k prims, and ANY Draw Distance.

I DO have updated drivers for my nVidia Card, updated them a couple days ago to try to figure out my lag.

I get the lag BOTH on the Phoenix Viewer (updated) and the SL Viewer 2.0,

Thoughts or suggestions? I used to be able to play with 60+ FPS easy.

well the good news is, it is not the grid or sims your hanging in. Such "lag" is by my knowledge purely client-based.

Mind you the following is pure speculation.

Your system could be to FAST, i remember a Jira/bug like that if your system is of overdo proportions (like yours is)

It might totally screwup in various ways. Just like some fast vidcards (crossfire for instance) cause artifacts and no rendering of your avatar (nice ATI bug do not know if the fixed that? Properly so been few years)

Try to tweak your settings, reminder and this i not a genious comment but this a fistrule. No matter what CPU, gig on ram you got. Your vidcard is the bottleneck/troublemaker 9 out of 10 times.

Try the preferences (ctrl+p) and set you graphics to CUSTOM, then everything OFF and lowest. Then add bit by bit options as reflections and such. It could be that your card is having some trouble with with a certain type of rendering the viewers uses atm.

I hope you get it solved. mind you this is purely subjective (what i would do to find a eventual problem) it is for sure the sim your in is ok so its on your end this problem. That is 1 maybe eliminated, goodluck and keep us posted :)

EDIT: Conserning your inet speed its good enough, i live in thailand worste i-net you can imagine here on Koh samui island. 4mbit and not even stable i manage to play sl with normal speed ;) So for sure that is more then enough speed your line. Sl does not require even that much on mbit.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.