Purchase not received

Sunny Feuilles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I purchase an AO inworld. 1700L were deducted from my account but the purchase didn't find its way to my inventory. The next day I contacted the seller and waited a couple of days for a reply but there was no reply. Today I checked the website for my transaction history, it is empty. How am I to proceed?

2 answers to this question

First, you need to make sure you are using your transaction history properly.  By default it only shows transactions for the current day.  You need to change the date range so that it includes the day that you bought the AO.  There you should see the transaction.  Send that information along with a second request in a notecard to the seller.  IM is not always a great way to leave messages for people.  See if that helps.

--Cinn

Transaction History defaults to showing you only the transactions you made today.  You can see up to 30 days worth of transactions by selecting a diferent range of dates with the pull-down menus.

Don't be too surprised if it takes more than a day or so for a merchant to respond to your IM or notecard, especially over a weekend.  Plenty of people don't log in to SL every single day.  I certainly don't, if I am out of town and don't have easy Internet access.  A large-scale merchant may also have a ton of messages to dig through, too, and it's easy to get behind.  I suggest sending another polite note to the merchant, repeating your original request and including all transaction details.

Meanwhile, take some time to clear your cache completely and log in directly to a vacant sim like Smith, Pooley, or Aqua.  If it has been a while since the last time you cleared cache, and the local copy of you inventory has become corrupted, your AO may actually be there but simply not showing up.  Stand on that vacant sim, type something into the search window in your Inventory to jump start a reload, and go out for a sandwich.  When you come back, see whether the AO shows up in your rebuilt Inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.