New To Second Life Need Help Fitting Clothes On To Avatar

prenup

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey Guys , im pretty new to second life and still trying to understand just even the basics. I've some what explored some destinations and also purchased a premium. i was able to get a free home included and now i am looking something nice for my avatar to wear. Tsecond.png

Mesh bodies and clothes cannot be edited with builder tools. Whoever makes the clothes fits them to a specific brand of body. They won't fit or move correctly with other brands of body. Which is why we see multiple dress versions for different brands in the box when we buy one, a different version for each brand of body.

This complication is due to the nature of 3D worlds and how they work.

The top look like it fits, am I right?

Besides, it is not a mesh body, is it? If you are in doubt of what you are wearing, go to the "t-shirt" icon and click it to get up outfits. Click what you are wearing now. If you take a picture with the list open, and "Show interface" we can see it. If it is too small to read, try to write it down.

If the problem is only the skirt, look for a texture named something with "alpha" in the folder and add it. This makes the body under the skirt invisible.

Just want to add... there is no quality control from Linden Lab. People can sell items that is poorly made and that is why we have demos.

If the clothes you will buy does not have a demo, you risk buying things that's not worth the money. If there is a demo "buy" it for 0 or 1 L. Demos have the word "Demo" over your head or printed on the fabric. If you can not make the demo fit, you can not make the full priced clothes fit.

This goes most of the things you add to your avatar. Skin, mesh body parts, mesh heads, hair, clothes and shoes, just to mention some. If there is no demo, the seller does not want you to try the things before you buy it. This is a warning sign. Only "buy" free stuff or 1L stuff, things you can afford to trash if it is rubbish.

Oh, and welcome to Second Life! I see you have an older Linden home. If you will try a to get a new one, they come up by and by.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.