My marketplace items were never received- about 20 in two carts- do i have to contact sellers? grr

88Tracy88

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My marketplace items were never received- about 20 in two carts- do i have to contact sellers? 

Some of them came through, I pressed 'keep' on all of them (I KNOW I pressed keep), and they never made it to my inventory. Others didn't.

Out of 20 items bought in 2 carts, one cam through and made it to my inventory 24 hours later.

My invoices say they've been delivered.

What can I do? This sux!

3 answers to this question

20 items! no wonder why you had problems...

You will have to contact each merchant with a nocetecard including your transaction number for each purchase, explain your problem and ask for redelivery. It is highy preferable you purchase items one by one as the more you put in your cart, the more delivery failures happen.

(edited for typo)

the marketplace shopping cart was a good idea. initially. however, it has proven to be so bug ridden that i wouldn't advise anyone to use it for anything other than freebies. there really should be a warning when using the cart...

if you're ever tempted - don't shop on the marketplace while not inworld. i have seen so many coming here frustrated over not getting what they paid for - "i bought tons of stuff from the marketplace, it was like 2000 L$, but when i logged in i received only one item/but when i logged in my messages were capped and i got nothing. what's up?". but i assume you're not tempted after experiencing what you just did.

follow valerie's tips - buy one item. keep. buy a second item. keep. etc.

If you ever need a record of the individual items in your order, open Marketplace and click the My Marketplace menu at the top of the page. Select My Account >> Order History from the pulldown menu. If you do not receive items within about 24 hours, you should cut and paste the information about a missing item from that Order History and send it in a IM or notecard to the merchant, along with a polite message requesting redelivery.

And in the future, do what everyone else in this thread has been suggesting: Put only one or two items in your shopping cart at a time and only buy things on Marketplace when you are in world and can guarantee that your IMs haven't capped.  If IMs have capped, you may fail to receive items that people try to send you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4719 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.