Bouncing Body Physics -- Help!

squashy Beeswing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a problem with the new avatar physics attachments. 

How is it that where i see only a gentle jiggle-wiggle, my partner sees my bits flying in all directions like electrocuted jellyfish? 

We both use the same viewer, and we both have the relevant box checked and the slider pushed up to max.  I haven't fiddled with any other settings; just trying out the physics i've found ready-made on Marketplace and elsewhere.

Can anyone help me get my jiggle on so that he and i see things the same? 

Many thanks.  :-)

Yes, i'm using Phoenix, Cerise.   If it's a bug, i want to cry.  :matte-motes-crying:  I seem to be subject to EVERY bug going and i hate it!  

I wonder whether if i reinstall it will clear it up.... probably not.  May be worth a go, though.

Oh!  I wonder if it's him who has the bug and not me!  LOL.  I'll get him to reinstall first; see if it helps.

There is nothing you can mess up if you make a copy of it before adjusting. It's nothing more than a clothing layer (physic-suit) that you wear. If you work only on a copy (or select "save as") then you can always use the original if you messed up. And otherwise... just tell me and I will give you a copy of mine when I get back from work (that will still be a lot of hours though and you might find more satisfaction on doing it yourself).

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

Hi, are you using the Phoenix viewer? There have been
that it has a bug that causes the physics effect to be exaggerated for some people.

Thanks for mentioning that there's a bug related to this. Someone just last night remarked how nice my "minimal" physics set looked, and when I put on the normal set they said it was waayy too much, which I know it isn't. They were using Phoenix and I'm on Kirstens, so that explains it then.

Thanks to all who answered.  I still am stuck 'cos whilst i now think it's a bug, on whose side would it be, mine or my partner's? 

We both use Phoenix viewer.  I am the jiggler, he is the jigglee....hmmm.....that doesn't sound quite right.  OK, so let's call him the one being jiggled at.  :matte-motes-big-grin:

But seriously, is there anything that can be done to fix the discrepancy? I don't think the problem is in the physics layers themselves.  It's how they're being seen.

I can't answer for Phoenix specifically, but I know that in Kirstens the amount of effect you see is greatly influenced by your viewers framerate. If your framerate gets slow & choppy (like at a club or something), it seems like some of the physics frames get missed also and it sends your bewbs into overdrive bounce, with what also seems like no damping applied to them. Electrocuted jellyfish seems a hilariously proper description (lol) for what I've seen. The fix, as was stated by another, is to apply a fair amount more breast mass (under Adv. setting I believe) and the damping setpoints at, or over 70%. I mention this because it may make a difference if your partners system is struggling to render or keep up with SL and yours is not. If it is this problem, adding some mass may help him render and display things more accurately. It may also be that he merely needs to lower his physics detail slider a notch or two.

Thank you, thank you, Dana!  Yes, this would explain it.  He did say earlier today that "lag" was causing him not to see the full bounce, and that made me think the problem was possibly his side.  He has rezzing issues too, where i tend not to.

Your advice makes me happy because (1) the problem isn't my side and (2) it's fixable.

Why can' t i give you kudos for this? 

squashy Beeswing wrote:

Your advice makes me happy because (1) the problem isn't my side and (2) it's fixable.

Why can' t i give you kudos for this? 

You're welcome :matte-motes-smile: and yes, it's definitely fixable. The same problems happen if one fine tunes their physics to a low lag sim, and then they go to a laggy sim like a club or something. Some peoples computers can handle that extra strain and still display things properly, but most won't and they'll probably end up having to make another physics set that's "weighted" (ie - with extra bewb, butt, tummy mass) just to use in laggier places. I made my weighted set while dancing at the same club that had caused my normal set to completely freak out due to the lag there.

Kudos not enabled for this forum section, but that's ok... those are only for the kewl kids anyway :matte-motes-tongue:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.