My group chat doesn't work

Cica Ghost

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, Cica Ghost said:

I type in my group chat and nothing appears... sending notecard works and friend typed there and it works... but i can't, nothing happens... this problem lasts couple weeks i think because i remember i tried before and was same... What it could be? 

This is a known current issue and was addressed by Oz Linden in a recent community post:

• Group Chat stalls
    Many users have reported that they are not able to get messages in some of their groups; we're very much aware of the problem. The start of those problems does coincide with when the chat service was uplifted; unfortunately the problems did not become clear until moving that service back to the datacenter was not an option. We haven’t been able to get that fixed as quickly as we would like, but the good news is that we have some changes nearly ready that we think may improve the service and will certainly provide us with better information to diagnose it if it isn't fixed. Those changes are live on the Beta grid now and should move to the main grid very soon.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/24/2020 at 12:43 PM, Skell Dagger said:

This is a known current issue and was addressed by Oz Linden in a recent community post:

• Group Chat stalls
    Many users have reported that they are not able to get messages in some of their groups; we're very much aware of the problem. The start of those problems does coincide with when the chat service was uplifted; unfortunately the problems did not become clear until moving that service back to the datacenter was not an option. We haven’t been able to get that fixed as quickly as we would like, but the good news is that we have some changes nearly ready that we think may improve the service and will certainly provide us with better information to diagnose it if it isn't fixed. Those changes are live on the Beta grid now and should move to the main grid very soon.

Have you gotten this fixed? I can't see any of my groups most times and it's extremely frustrating as I am missing out on SL news and group info.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.