RLV Blind-script (and other examples, please?)

Cinos Field

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So. I'm looking to get into scripting for RLV. The syntax is a little hard to understand though - does anyone have any open source ones I could learn from? For example, a script to blind the user, which is what I'm trying to make. The wiki sadly isn't very helpful since it lacks any actual examples. And RLV itself gives zero feedback.

For my specific example, what I'm trying to do is simply have a script, that on attach, blinds the user. Therefore...

llOwnerSay("@camdrawmax:1=y,camdrawalphamax:1=y");

This should, from what I understand, blind the user. It does not. Therefore, if there are any kind souls out there, show me how it's meant to be done and I can take it from there.

edit, addition: I'm basically not sure if I just misunderstand these specific commands, or if I'm missing out some RLV-engaging command before trying to specify.

Edited by Cinos Field

4 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

If you're on Firestorm, the RLVa menu includes an actual console where you can enter RLV commands. It also has a list of active restrictions/exceptions.

> camdrawmax:1=y
Invalid command
> @camdrawmax:1=y
INFO: @camdrawmax:1=y (unset)
> 

But I have no idea why it says "unset."

Well, that helps a little - though I'm also getting the "unset" thing no matter what values I enter for the cam-control things, and they don''t actually do anything.

1 minute ago, Cinos Field said:

Well, that helps a little - though I'm also getting the "unset" thing no matter what values I enter for the cam-control things, and they don''t actually do anything.

Other commands like @sit work fine, so it could be possible that that specific command is either unsupported by the viewer, or other commands need to be set as well. I've never used this command so I can only guess. I don't recall who maintains the RLV API right now, is it still @Marine Kelley? @Kitty Barnett?

1 hour ago, Cinos Field said:

llOwnerSay("@camdrawmax:1=y,camdrawalphamax:1=y");

First thing that I would do is split the command in two to find out what works and what does not.
Second, perhaps replace the integer with a float? So 1.0 instead of 1.

BTW, I am a bit lazy today, which RLV/RLVa version introduced those commands? And are you certain that FS supports that version?

• Like 2

Well, I know how to enable restrictions now. However, this command is unknown for whatever version Firestorm runs.

I know it's entirely possible to blind a wearer using RLVa, though. So now the question, then, is what command accomplishes that. If there is a comprehensive list of RLVa commands I can''t find them. :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.