NEED SUBSTANCE PAINT HELP

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello i dont know how to export from substanc epainter for SL usage, im using it for metals, fabrics, latex and more...

please fi you have an export set up let me know how its set up, i ahve also seen many posts about this and poeple comment about other programs, i would like to keep this about substance paint exportings please! im paying for it i dont want to be suggested to try another app that i also have to pay for D:

If you have version from 2019+, you should be able to export 2D-view, you will however need normal(+height) and specular for SL so it is best to create your own export preset (there are quite a few tutorials on how this is done on youtube, look for "creating texture export preset" ) or just export using  3D shade preset and 2d view preset separately and delete the excess. Materials view should be enabled in viewport when exporting 2d view! Please bare in mind some environments aren`t suitable cause of harsh contrasts and your object in sl would not look great from all sides, try studio2 and for metals you can go with glazed patio or panorama etc, sometimes you may even want to do multiple and make a composite in PS...

Btw this is just one way of doing it, using 2d view will not always be the best solution, many times you will have to export materials and bake textures in 3d software of your choice, especially if you want baked light effects, neons etc...This was the only option prior to 2019 when substance finally incorporated 2d view export option and is definitely worth learning!

Please don`t get offended by me saying this, but you should at least go through substance basics tutorial series...I mean, the way you formulated your question makes me believe you are using default/built in materials and call it finished? Substance can do so much more if you give your self some time to dive into it properly...

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1322 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.