Choosing the right mesh body and head for my avatar

archangel969

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Great how you experiment and choose a specific style, body etc depending on the character. I absolutelly love the world you are creating with it.

I love how you are doing the same. So many people stick with an average, modern-day human and its nice to see someone doing something different with their avatar (and their home).

You remind me of Oscar Wilde. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I love how you are doing the same. So many people stick with an average, modern-day human and its nice to see someone doing something different with their avatar (and their home).

You remind me of Oscar Wilde. 

Oscar Wilde! That's one of my favoriete authors. I have a portrait of him hanging in my hallway, next to James Baldwin. They seem very different (in time and genre) but I love to look for  similarities that are not obvious. Then you get an interesting mix.

And well, as a novelist you are used to creating worlds with a specific tone of voice. It's not someting i do on purpose, it just comes naturally. In SL I see many residents doing the same and that warms my heart. It's such a creative place.

In creating 'worlds' or a place with a specific atmosphere you need to choose what is the 'dominant characteristic'. In the case of my SL home I knew it was 'late romantic/fin de sciecle. But you don't have to be that precise (I have Bauhaus furniture that is NOT late romantic at all), otherwise it would be a museum and not a home where you actual live.

I even made a music mixtape for the villa and the gardens with late romantic music and sounds from the villa (birds, the fountain, grandfathers clock ticking). Just today I made a mixcloud account for my SL character and uploaded the music:

Snapshot_1991_001.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1470 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.