14 Years in SL & Never Experienced This

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings,

Yesterday in my sim, my avatar experienced either some kind of graphic glitch or malicious attack that has resulted in me not being able to see anything other than a closeup of a wall texture as if it was a screen shot.  My avatar is still able to move and teleport around and my UI still functions but the camera controls are useless.

I have cleared my cache a couple of times, changed my graphic settings, rebooted my PC, and uninstalled and reinstalled my viewer (The SL default) and nothing resolves this matter.

I tried logging in from a different computer and this issue still occurs yet my alt is unaffected so this issue is avatar specific.

Any insight as to what may have occurred and how it can be resolved would be appreciated.

7 minutes ago, Farthington Whetmore said:

not being able to see anything other than a closeup of a wall texture as if it was a screen shot.

Any insight as to what may have occurred and how it can be resolved would be appreciated.

sounds like you wear something big as hud
Can you open the inventory and see the items you wear?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Problem Solved!  Thank you so much. The texture was indeed part of a large prim flanking a door. Not sure how I managed to attach it to myself but I guess there is a first time for everything LOL. I did't even consider a rogue attachment because it remained perfectly still  as I moved around and my alt didn't see anything attached to my main.

Learned something new - Thanks again! :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1334 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.