Shadowless prims?

Finite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the Texture tab, enable "Full Bright."

I'm not sure why you need it to not cast a shadow though, the green screen should be behind the subject, unless you're trying to shoot "upwards." In that case, just make the green screen bigger, so it's way further away, change the angle of the sun, or rotate your subject 90 degrees so the whole screen turns "sideways."

Edit: Scripts used to be able to disable shadow-casting, but that feature has been deprecated (around 2006?).

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

8 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

In the Texture tab, enable "Full Bright."

I'm not sure why you need it to not cast a shadow though, the green screen should be behind the subject, unless you're trying to shoot "upwards." In that case, just make the green screen bigger, so it's way further away, change the angle of the sun, or rotate your subject 90 degrees so the whole screen turns "sideways."

Edit: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetPrimitiveParams

Scripts can turn shadow-casting off with PRIM_CAST_SHADOW.

Yes I think the script is likely what I will need. Thank you. 

Actually I just figured it out. Doesn't require a script at all. Under textures set color to green (or whatever you want your screen color to be). Check Full Bright. Use an alpha texture and under "alpha mode" select alpha masking.

On 9/2/2020 at 10:52 AM, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Sounds like a bug but I'm glad it works.

No since that's basically what alpha masking is meant to do. You are basically telling it how to interact with other textures around it.

4 hours ago, Finite said:

No since that's basically what alpha masking is meant to do. You are basically telling it how to interact with other textures around it.

Alpha blending/masking only determines how transparency is treated.

Alpha blending allows partially transparent pixels.

Alpha masking allows only fully transparent pixels, or solid pixels.

I assume your green screen is a completely solid surface, so it wouldn't have transparent parts to begin with. Changing its alpha-mode in that case should cause no changes to its behavior -- especially not the shadows it casts (or are cast onto it).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.