Flexie Prims and Sculpts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there any way to make a sculpted prim flexable?

I'm trying to make a demon's tail, but I've noticed that one of the problems with making the tail in two parts is that when the flexie part of the tail moves, the tip sort of floats away from it...

So, I decided to sculpt a tail instead. But I've tried a few things and can't seem to figure out how to make it flex... if there's no way to make a sculpt flex, what would be the best way to make the tail without having to just plaster an image onto a prim? I'd really like a more 3 dimensional tail....

Thank you in advance for any help :)  

Sculpts cannot be flexible.

However, if you want a moving sculpted tail, it IS possible to have the tail sculpted in multiple positions and have have a script on a timer hide all but one, to give the illusion of moving around.

Or, switch the sculpt map on the timer, to save on prims.

You can also put the tail texture mirrored vertically on a rippled cylinder sculpt that is also mirrored vertically and apply a script that rotates the cylinder one direction and the texture the opposite direction at the same speed.

This works a little better with tendrils or tentacles, but, depending on what you need for a tail...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.