Looking for a job

NJsocalNJ

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm looking for a job because I need Linden Dollars to buy some stuff. I am a firefighter with one of the SL Fire Department role plays, and I need at least L$630 for gear. 

The best thing I'd probably be able to do is host or be security somewhere, but depending on the job I may be willing to do something else. I'm also only 14 days old, but I learn fast, I'm mature, and I'm getting to know SL very well in a short amount of time. So I'd to get that L$630 in a fairly short amount of time. 

Is anybody hiring or know anybody that would hire?

The standing unspoken rule on SL is an avatar must be at LEAST 30 Days old before some one will hire them.. (sorry but you asked).  There may still be camping chairs but I heard some were they have been banned.  My best advice, learn SL get your 30 days in & find a sim like Lesbians paradise that pays greeters.. Oh you would need to be a chic... Good luck!

Hello NJsoca. As already suggested, you need to be at least 1 month old in SL to get officially a job. About hosting even you are 1 month old is difficult for someone to get you to work for him / her when you haven't experience in other clubs / places. For hosting also a good enough avatar required, sure some gestures (you can buy them or you can find also some free in world) and also experience in public places and local chat. I mean to be able to control it.

About security now it is very very rare for someone to hire someone only for security. Usually hosts and hostesses, manages or assistant managers, owners and sometimes dj's work as security too. In addition is very difficult for someone to trust a new user who doesnt know giving him the powers of eject and ban.

I underline that my goal is not to dissapoint you, just i express what it exists arround. You don't lose something if you try and here you are in the right place because very often people are looking to hire new stuff. So it's suggested to read the topics daily. Something else you can do is to check the following link:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Guide_to_Jobs_in_Second_Life

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.