Region Capacity

Roxie Fenwitch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!  Even though I have been in here for almost 10 years, I am finally getting around to purchasing my own land.  I have been going around looking at different land for sale, and noticed that on one, under Region Capacity, it stated "94 out of 703 with 609 available".  What exactly is Region Capacity, and is it something I need to consider when I buy?

Thanks!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Roxie Fenwitch said:

Hi!  Even though I have been in here for almost 10 years, I am finally getting around to purchasing my own land.  I have been going around looking at different land for sale, and noticed that on one, under Region Capacity, it stated "94 out of 703 with 609 available".  What exactly is Region Capacity, and is it something I need to consider when I buy?

Thanks!

Region Capacity on the "About Land / Objects" tab refers to the allowable Land Impact (LI)  for all the parcels owned by the same owner in a single region.  When looking to purchase land, also check the "Parcel Land Capacity" that is on the next line down - that will show the total allowable capacity for just that parcel.  When the owner only owns only one parcel in a region the maximum capacity value will be the same for Region Capacity and Parcel Land Capacity. 

In your example, the total capacity for the owner of that parcel in that region is 703.  The '94' refers to how much of the total 703 is being used, and the "609 available" is how much is left unused.   The Region Capacity numbers are more relevant when you own multiple parcels on the same region, and want to see how much of the total LI of all the parcels combined you have available. 

From you example, without the size of the parcel being mentioned, or the Parcel Land Capacity being mentioned, it's hard to know whether the 703 refers to the allowable land impact for just that one parcel, or if the owner owns multiple parcels on the region and the 703 is the total for all the owner's parcels on the region.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Moira Timmerman said:

Region Capacity on the "About Land / Objects" tab refers to the allowable Land Impact (LI)  for all the parcels owned by the same owner in a single region.  When looking to purchase land, also check the "Parcel Land Capacity" that is on the next line down - that will show the total allowable capacity for just that parcel.  When the owner only owns only one parcel in a region the maximum capacity value will be the same for Region Capacity and Parcel Land Capacity. 

In your example, the total capacity for the owner of that parcel in that region is 703.  The '94' refers to how much of the total 703 is being used, and the "609 available" is how much is left unused.   The Region Capacity numbers are more relevant when you own multiple parcels on the same region, and want to see how much of the total LI of all the parcels combined you have available. 

From you example, without the size of the parcel being mentioned, or the Parcel Land Capacity being mentioned, it's hard to know whether the 703 refers to the allowable land impact for just that one parcel, or if the owner owns multiple parcels on the region and the 703 is the total for all the owner's parcels on the region.

Hi Moira,

It is a 1024 that I am looking at...parcel land capacity is 47.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roxie Fenwitch said:

Hi Moira,

It is a 1024 that I am looking at...parcel land capacity is 47.

The standard parcel capacity for a mainland 1024 m2 parcel is 351.   Was the "47" the Parcel Land Capacity or the Parcel Land Impact? (which would be how much of the parcel capacity is currently being used and a 47 would make more sense for that number).   If you are looking at the About Land for the 1024 size parcel, and the Parcel Land Capacity is only "47" something seems strange, I would not purchase that parcel.  (You can click on the About Land / General tab and double check the parcel size - it's listed as "Area"). 

It sounds like the parcel owner may own other parcels in the same region.  In that case, I would look at just the Parcel Land Capacity and Parcel Land Impact numbers. It seems these days that parcel owners often have some landscaping or other items out on parcels that they are trying to sale, but once you purchase the parcel and become the parcel owner, you can choose to return any items that the seller had left out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Moira Timmerman said:

The standard parcel capacity for a mainland 1024 m2 parcel is 351.   Was the "47" the Parcel Land Capacity or the Parcel Land Impact? (which would be how much of the parcel capacity is currently being used and a 47 would make more sense for that number).   If you are looking at the About Land for the 1024 size parcel, and the Parcel Land Capacity is only "47" something seems strange, I would not purchase that parcel.  (You can click on the About Land / General tab and double check the parcel size - it's listed as "Area"). 

It sounds like the parcel owner may own other parcels in the same region.  In that case, I would look at just the Parcel Land Capacity and Parcel Land Impact numbers. It seems these days that parcel owners often have some landscaping or other items out on parcels that they are trying to sale, but once you purchase the parcel and become the parcel owner, you can choose to return any items that the seller had left out. 

The 47 is the parcel land impact....it does say after that, owned by parcel owner 47.  They do seem to have a few different parcels here for sale.

• Like 1

Just now, Roxie Fenwitch said:

The 47 is the parcel land impact....it does say after that, owned by parcel owner 47.  They do seem to have a few different parcels here for sale.

Ok, the Parcel Land Capacity is probably the standard 351 then, in which case I wouldn't see any problem. 

It's also not uncommon for someone dealing in buying and selling land to own more than  one  parcel in a region, and that's what the Region Capacity refers to, and not anything you really need to consider as part of the purchase decision (and if you were to purchase the single parcel, after the purchase it would re-display the information with the same number for both Region Capacity and Parcel Land Capacity.)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moira Timmerman said:

Ok, the Parcel Land Capacity is probably the standard 351 then, in which case I wouldn't see any problem. 

It's also not uncommon for someone dealing in buying and selling land to own more than  one  parcel in a region, and that's what the Region Capacity refers to, and not anything you really need to consider as part of the purchase decision (and if you were to purchase the single parcel, after the purchase it would re-display the information with the same number for both Region Capacity and Parcel Land Capacity.)

Fabulous!  Thanks so much for helping me to understand that.  🙂

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1375 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.