Some animation experimenting

NiranV Dean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, NiranV Dean said:

You're thinking way too complex about this! It's much easier. Also it wouldn't work like this. You cannot create an empty 1-frame animation inside the Viewer on the server and then edit it. Animations cannot be "replaced" or "changed" like notecards or objects, you'd have to re-upload them knowing LL you'd pay 10L$ for the 1-frame animation creation because its technically an upload, and another 10L$ to upload the completed animation.

yes I am probably overthinking it.  I was more thinking about the current Linden rules about ownership for export

given that we can't create a T-pose anim file on the server directly (because not Linden) then I can only see that at this time, the T-pose would have to be uploaded to get our name on the animation asset

my thinking now is that in your tool when we press New T-pose Animation it uploads a copy of your T-pose anim file from our Niran Viewer local installation (which costs us 10L upload fee). Which we only have to do one time. As once uploaded then we can open and edit it in your tool like any other animation.  This New T-pose Animation function is a nice-to-have for newish users, as we also can upload a T-pose anim of our own normally with the existing  Linden function

then we can use your tool on our T-Pose (same as any other animation file) as you have designed

the Niran Viewer Export To File, Export To Inventory (upload cost 10L) functions is only enabled when we are the named creator of the Linden recognised animation asset with which our Niran local edits are associated.  This would mean that the Linden uuid of our  animation asset has to be associated on our local computer with the Niran local  copy of our edits, in a way that satisfies Linden compliance

Edited by Mollymews
thinking now is

23 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

yes I am probably overthinking it.  I was more thinking about the current Linden rules about ownership for export

given that we can't create a T-pose anim file on the server directly (because not Linden) then I can only see that at this time, the T-pose would have to be uploaded to get our name on the animation asset

my thinking now is that in your tool when we press New T-pose Animation it uploads a copy of your T-pose anim file from our Niran Viewer local installation (which costs us 10L upload fee). Which we only have to do one time. As once uploaded then we can open and edit it in your tool like any other animation.  This New T-pose Animation function is a nice-to-have for newish users, as we also can upload a T-pose anim of our own normally with the existing  Linden function

then we can use your tool on our T-Pose (same as any other animation file) as you have designed

the Niran Viewer Export To File, Export To Inventory (upload cost 10L) functions is only enabled when we are the named creator of the Linden recognised animation asset with which our Niran local edits are associated.  This would mean that the Linden uuid of our  animation asset has to be associated on our local computer with the Niran local  copy of our edits, in a way that satisfies Linden compliance

Which wouldn't require uploading to determine owner. Its much easier than that actually. If you create the animation in the Viewer (which the Viewer does when you upload an animation and preview it via the animation preview) the Viewer can simply be set to allow the full feature set. Whereas when you use the animation import feature, you disable exporting features based on permissions (if available) or simply disable them (if no permissions available). Permissions however are only on the asset while checking your inventory or the asset server, if you load the animations from your character (which has a controller hosting all running animations) you don't have any permissions you can read out. But loading from "running" animations is something i want to support as well.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.