Help Getting started in meshing clothes

Jilts

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Good day, 

I'm a Imvu Creator and i have made good success on imvu but i only texture, Im great at photo shopping and doing what i have to do being a imvu creator. But my focus is changing and I'm starting to get involve with second life and wanting to be a Mesh creator and texture. Im a creator at heart and want to share my style in second life as i did in IMVU. Im intrested in creating clothes... shoes.. all good stuff. I know that meshing in Sl and different mesh body is a BIG New court that im willing to play

These are my questions

• Where do I start in meshing ( programs to use, all the details that i need to know)
  • Any where or Any person thats willing to teach meshing clothes in sl ( if so im willing to pay and learn)
  • Where do i even start ( to be honest, i just need some Guidance

I Know this is all lot of work but im Quarantining and i have all lot of time lol. I willing to put the hard work In and learn something new each day. Im very grateful if u respond back to this. if there anything u want to add or contact me in world u can IM in sl I'm online alllllll the timeee. Also if there any group in world that can help me with meshing can u please suggestion below and also if there anyone out there like me trying to learn a new skill and im happy to get in contact with you and share tips  and trips with this new journey ❤

Yet Again Thank you and stay safe.

Also To add Is meshing is a self learning thing? If so I have no Problem with that. i have self taught my self with photoshop and over time I have gotten better . I love what i do being a creator on imvu but i'm interested in meshing. If self teaching is what i have to do im fine with that. I will need the basic or at least know where to start . 

14 minutes ago, Jilts said:

These are my questions

• Where do I start in meshing ( programs to use, all the details that i need to know)
  • Any where or Any person thats willing to teach meshing clothes in sl ( if so im willing to pay and learn)
  • Where do i even start ( to be honest, i just need some Guidance

Lots of questions, so I will start answering those you pinpointed to begin with, as I feel these are most relevant to begin. 

1) you will have to choose the program that suits you better as very first step. The three main programs used in the community here are, in order of number of users: Blender, Maya and 3dsMax. None of these is any easier than the others, with this said, Blender is free and as such it is tje best way to begin your journey in learning a toooootally new and different type of skills than 2d editing images with photoshop. 

Then, along with the software of choice, the need for the appropriate plug in/add on aimed at facilitate the process of exporting something that SL will not reject. SL has its own way of handling certain things that are not common standards and these plug ins will manage the nitty gritty operations you would need to perform manually otherwise. Blender has Avastar, Maya has MayaStar and 3dsMax has Marionette. All the three also support animation export for SL. 

2) Creating clothes is one of the most difficult task to perform. However, there are many tutorials on YouTube and a few schools inworld, such Builders Brewery, where classes are being held. 

3) Start from point 1 and learn the basics going to the schools and following tutorials. Start simple with static objects and escalate as you grow confidence with the stages of production 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.