Who's causing the Bandit 380MV Not to run?

ral61

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This is "weird"--my Bandit 380MV has all of sudden stopped moving on the SL-Grid.

The last day it was running was on July 8th & 9th 2020. then on July 10th, the boat won't get out of the marina,

to "stay sit". The Bandit is my best GTFO enabled speedboat, that done completed courier jobs repeatedly.

GTFO-Delivery-  Bandit Speedboat-  2-10-19.PNG

GTFO-Delivery-  Bandit Speed boat-12-29-18.PNG

3 answers to this question

I see that you are wearing a HUD to control your boat.

Sometimes, if you have crashed while wearing the HUD, a HUD will stop working.  I am not sure, but it's possible that other scripted objects, like the boat itself, might also become broken.

If this is the case, the scripted item is permanently broken.  If you have the boat and the HUD backed up (for example, you kept the boxed item), rez a new copy of them.  If you don't have a backup, then try getting a redelivery, either via the Marketplace (if you bought the boat there) or an inworld store redelivery terminal.

• Thanks 1

What I did, since Casper Redelivery is not available for this speedboat, is make plenty of copies of the Bandit380MV in a folder.

Then keep track of the copies that do "sim crash" to delete that copy.  For now it appears to be working for handling broken script copies.

This procedure should be done also with the (Skip HUD), which starts the engine. In case of a broken script HUD.

Edited by ral61
misprint

On 7/12/2020 at 9:20 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

I see that you are wearing a HUD to control your boat.

Sometimes, if you have crashed while wearing the HUD, a HUD will stop working.  I am not sure, but it's possible that other scripted objects, like the boat itself, might also become broken.

If this is the case, the scripted item is permanently broken.  If you have the boat and the HUD backed up (for example, you kept the boxed item), rez a new copy of them.  If you don't have a backup, then try getting a redelivery, either via the Marketplace (if you bought the boat there) or an inworld store redelivery terminal.

Just now, ral61 said:

What I did, since Casper Redelivery is not available for this speedboat, is make plenty of copies of the Bandit380MV in a folder.

Then keep track of the copies that do "sim crash" to delete that copy.  For now it appears to be working for handling broken script copies.

This procedure should be done also with the (Skip HUD), which starts the engine. In case of a broken script HUD.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1383 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.