PS4 FlyCam Help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello....im trying to get into video recording on sl and recently learned i can use my game controller (PS4) to get smooth camera angles and rotations when recording. So i was wondering if there is anyone on grid who is currently using a PS4 controller that can help me get mines working. I've already checked out the Wiki link and sadly PS4 help is not included just xbox (i no longer have an xbox as i donated it to my lil brother). As far as I got is that Firestorm does recognize my controller as a WIRELESS CONTROLLER but nothing else happens from there. So if you EXPERIENCE in using a PS4 controller plz chime in at any time with advice or some starter configurations as to get my camera to move lol.

Viewer Used: Firestorm 6.3.9.58205

You want to verify that the PS4 controller is being seen by your PC by checking if it is listed in the joystick control panel. There are various instructions on the internet to get your bluetooth PS4 controller working on a PC. If it works and Firestorm doesn't recognize it then you might need other software to make the PS4 controller emulate an Xbox controller. 

AS STATED ABOVE: FIRESTORM DOES RECOGNIZE MY CONTROLLER AS A "WIRELESS CONTROLLER" WHICH MEANS I ALREADY HAVE IT CONNECTED TO MY LAPTOP. MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I GET IT TO WORK WITH FIRESTORM SINCE THE CONTROLLER IS ALREADY CONNECTED TO MY LAPTOP AND FIRESTORM RECOGNIZES IT IS THERE.

ALSO I WOULDNT NEED AN EMULATOR SINCE I SEEN SOMEONE ON YOUTUBE USING A PS4 CONTROLLER TO DO FLYCAM

I have a wired Xbox controller on my computer and I see it in the SL viewer as an ‘Xbox controller’. When I open my Windows control panel I see the Xbox controller listed and I can test both sticks, triggers and all buttons. The PS4 controller is not a generic ‘wireless controller’ and it won’t work with programs that only work with Xbox controllers. The person you saw was probably using DS4Windows which makes the PS4 controller look like an Xbox 360 controller. 

I have a PS4 but I bought a separate Xbox controller because of compatibility issues like you are seeing.

On 7/10/2020 at 2:45 PM, Bree Giffen said:

I have a wired Xbox controller on my computer and I see it in the SL viewer as an ‘Xbox controller’. When I open my Windows control panel I see the Xbox controller listed and I can test both sticks, triggers and all buttons. The PS4 controller is not a generic ‘wireless controller’ and it won’t work with programs that only work with Xbox controllers. The person you saw was probably using DS4Windows which makes the PS4 controller look like an Xbox 360 controller. 

I have a PS4 but I bought a separate Xbox controller because of compatibility issues like you are seeing.

i did get the emulator and its installed and the moment i clicked on the enable joystick it went haywire lol

so now whats the best numbers to use to keep it from moving all over the place? any u recommend lol and sorry for he caps a few posts ago i work from home and my caps is on lock for 8 hours lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.