Group Chat History

princealexis26

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently had to do a windows reinstall and so I had to reinstall Firestorm again and previously I had no issues with saving my chat histories but now it doesn't want to save them. IM's save fine, but my group history is not. I've set it to save log and transcripts, as well as nearby chat. Any help with this?

6 answers to this question

It ought to be working.  You say it's saving IMs, so that's good.  You then said

On 7/1/2020 at 4:45 PM, princealexis26 said:

my group history is not (saved)

If by that you mean group chats, those are saved like IMs, but with the group's name. 

If you meant Nearby Chat, that is saved with the filename chat.txt.

It used to be just one file, but in order to keep it to a manageable size, they're now splitting all the log files up and creating separate ones for each day.  So you'll see a group of files, chat-2020-07-03.txt, and so on.

You'll find all the logs in your Roaming\Firestorm_x64\princealexis26\chatlogs folder.

Oh...I had another thought about group chats.  If you really do mean GROUP messages, and not nearby/local chat, here are some more settings to check.

chat1.jpg.b5a5a14069ed1aac2527818059b228f2.jpg

Is this checked?  Don't.

chat2.jpg.e11c06546476c2e230fd175becee134c.jpg

These are not checked in my own Preferences, and I am logging group messages just fine.  But maybe they have some effect??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.