I just moved into my new lindin free house yesterday and it still dosen't recognise me as the owner.

michaeldickens

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Why can't I be showen as the owner of my new house? It's a free lindin house.and there is still a bed from the last owner in it. I want to rezz some things and  make some adjustments but it says I'm not the owner. I paid $72.00 US for a years rent.

I checked the land owner and it says govenor linden is the owner. If I am not the owner how do i get into the correct house. They gave me directions to this one.

Sorry it says that "garrison sweetwater" is the owner.

4 answers to this question

Are you sure that you are in the right house?

Your name should be shown as the owner in About Land. If it is not, check the email you got or look on your dashboard in the land section under My Mainland for the location of your house.

DUE TO SOME FORUM CHANGES, PLEASE USE "OPTIONS > EDIT" ON YOUR POST TO ADD FURTHER REPLIES

Edit: Yep that doesn`t sound like the right one, I will IM you inworld.

It does sound like you went into the wrong house. That is a serious problem in the Linden Homes, where so many homes look identical, and there is no easy way to tell which is which.

In (or above) the right house, "About Land" will show your Premium Account's name as parcel owner. The house itself doesn't show you as owner, as it actually remains owned by the Lindens, and exists just off the edge of your parcel (which is why its prims don't count against your 117 prim limit).

I would suggest flying just over rooftop height, and hovering over nearby houses while you check the About Land results. That way you don't have to actually go inside homes that may belong to someone else. Also, double-check the e-mail they sent you, and make sure you are at the exact coordinates they stated in the e-mail.

If you don't find a parcel owned by you near where you expected your home to be, you'll probably have to open a help desk ticket to get the Lindens to help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.