Clearing layer script for bento heads

MashD Tater

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all.  So, I'm working on some things for a few of the bento heads out there.  I've been searching for a script that I can add to my HUD that will clear the layer, i.e. lipstick, eyeshadow, etc.  Is there anyone here that can possibly assist me with this, and point me in the direction of where I can find a script?  Thanks all :)

Edited by Anastasia Tharnaby

Since it doesn't sound like you made those heads (or the scripts in them), you would have to know what commands (and on what channel) those heads will listen to, to clear those layers. It depends entirely on the scripter of each individual head, there's no "one script" that can do it.

Only if those heads are modifiable (which is probably not the case), you could call llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast on the specific link/face and apply a transparent texture or something.

Do the heads offer an API for applier developers? Then you could just apply those transparent textures to the layers, right? Or maybe they work with the Omega applier system?

Mind, though, that the whole idea of appliers is kind of a dead end at this point. There are still lots of them out there, but as users discover the advantages of BOM, there will be fewer and fewer head-resident layers in use, and more and more use of baked system layers (and I don't think there's any way to script the addition or removal of system layers).

[ETA: any way, that is, short of RLV]

Edited by Qie Niangao

56 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Do the heads offer an API for applier developers? Then you could just apply those transparent textures to the layers, right? Or maybe they work with the Omega applier system?

Mind, though, that the whole idea of appliers is kind of a dead end at this point. There are still lots of them out there, but as users discover the advantages of BOM, there will be fewer and fewer head-resident layers in use, and more and more use of baked system layers (and I don't think there's any way to script the addition or removal of system layers).

[ETA: any way, that is, short of RLV]

Yeah, I had made the lipsticks into tattoo layers as well for BoM, but I do know that there are some out there that are adamantly refusing to switch to it as of yet.  I figured I would at least add an applier to the mix, but a friend suggested it couldn't hurt to get a clear layer button on the HUD I am creating as well.  It could be I just do it all in BoM, and scrap the HUD.  Thank you. :)

7 minutes ago, Anastasia Tharnaby said:

Yeah, I had made the lipsticks into tattoo layers as well for BoM, but I do know that there are some out there that are adamantly refusing to switch to it as of yet.  I figured I would at least add an applier to the mix, but a friend suggested it couldn't hurt to get a clear layer button on the HUD I am creating as well.  It could be I just do it all in BoM, and scrap the HUD.  Thank you. :)

As long as the head accepts skin appliers, you can just use that to apply BOM on the head, no head-updates or "enable BOM" buttons needed.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1404 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.