SL17B Hop and Shop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Almost time for the doors to open at the Hop and Shop and most folks are ready (well you know how events go).  With 200 shops it will take you awhile to see everything.   I spent the last few days checking stores and opening gifts and putting together "themed" posts.  So yep, I am tired.  To help you along the way in check out your favorite designers first, I posted a list of SLURLS as well as some shots of the decor that will greet you soon.  I don't know if the venue opens at midnight or in the morning, but I will publish that list as soon as I see folks coming in.  

Feel free to post photos of your finds.     SLURL will appear here when the event is open. Meanwhile if you want to get in first thing, join the "Second Life Birthday" group.    Have fun!!!!

Here you go. Be patient. Blogspot has been VERY slow lately :D  and it's a long list.   https://chicatphilsplace.blogspot.com/2020/06/sl17b-hop-and-shop-slurls.html

image.thumb.png.e41732e6de5527dc36e63a9d456f81b4.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 2

They're not really being very clear on some of this, but there was a notice in the secondlife:///app/group/8db35111-979b-14a7-6a74-b47be86ce04f/about group saying things would open at 9am Thursday. Which is fair enough as a time, but Linden Lab does seem to be struggling to communicate with their customers. And the overall timetable for SL17B looks rather feeble if you're not into the music scene, a daily Meet The Lindens is about the only thing that isn't music.

I am glad I know some exhibitors, and so have another source of info.

The message we got in Hop and Shop group was that "soft opening" was Thursday for Second Life Birthday group members and the official public opening was Friday. I suspected 9AM (as far as I know we didn't get a message about exact time) because that is when the Moles have been coming back to work -- more or less and sometimes earlier  :D.   So "SOON" (TM).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.