In-World Event Invitations

faith Jolifaunt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I own a furniture store https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/83970 . I am by no means a mesh creator, but I do spend hours adding animations, texturing products, making huds, and a bit of scripting if I want to add a bit of unique flair to my items. I purchase my mesh from in-world and MP creators, and I love purchasing these full perm items from my fellow residents. I believe we should all support each other. It's a win/win. They make a sale - I get my furniture.

My issue is I'm interested in participating in events. When I go to fill out applications, they are very clear that if you use mesh templates, you're not welcome - OR - you have to have created the mesh yourself. Now, I understand that's their prerogative, but am I missing something? It's almost like I should be ashamed that I'm using a mesh item that I've paid for and made it my own. It makes me feel these events are a bit snobby, to be honest. I understand they don't want lots of the same types of items at their events, but it's quite hindering to me.

Does anyone know of events that welcome builders that buy mesh from our awesome mesh creators on the grid? Any other marketing tips on how to get my product in the eye of the purchaser? I have placed my products on MP homepage (not much luck). I do product videos. I have a Flickr group page. I have an in-world group. I have a Facebook page. I promote in my profile. I'm just a bit stuck on how to get our name out there.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

I don't do the every month style events as I don't fit in for other reasons, so I wouldn't take not hitting the criteria as anything personal. Generally there are more options in the less frequent events, though you've missed most of RFL this year (Home and Garden Expo was early this year, so look out towards the end of this year for announcements about next year). The Linden's Shop and Hop doesn't restrict type of product, though they are hard to get into (I got in for the first time this year) and the next likely won't be until Christmas.

My main advice is you could do with more products in your marketplace store and maybe have a range where the textures really pop rather than tintables. It's not that the tintables are bad, but you want people to see at a glance what you can do with textures.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.