SL display profile picture in game

xBaeBeex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

the most basic thing to do..and I cant seem to get mine to ever stay. I havent had a picture that lasts in about a year since Ive been on SL (how sad right)

Whats the correct size the profile picture is meant to be? ..and how on earth do you get it to stay put? ... because I go 

CLICK PICTURE > LOCAL > ADD > OK

..but this never stays..

Local uploads are temporary and only last until you log out; their purpose is to test whether a texture looks right in-world before you upload it.

You'll have to upload the profile picture (Ctrl+U), and then go into your profile, and either click your profile picture and find the uploaded texture in the texture picker, or drag-and-drop the texture from your inventory to your profile picture slot. Make sure that when you are done, you close your profile by pressing 'OK' rather than 'Cancel'.

As for size, I personally tend to go with 512 x 384 (SL will stretch this to 512 x 256 or 512 x 512 - not sure why it goes with one sometimes and the other other times). This is larger than needed for the profile window itself, which is more resource intensive than necessary - but it also allows people to click on your profile picture to enlarge it and see it in a larger version. If you want it just to be as near its original resolution as possible in the profile itself, the window is about 200 x 150 pixels (closest possible size is 256 x 192, which will be resized to 256 x 256 or 256 x 128). Some people whack up 1024 x 1024 textures for their profiles, but that only makes them take longer to load and make them have to compress much more.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.