Doing damage in no-combat areas

WingsOfPurity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I am wondering how it is possible for somebody to kill me in a no-combat area. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but I am a scripter and would like to know the mechanism behind what I observed.

I was killed by somebody in a parcel with damage disabled, and involuntarily teleported home by it. No experiences were involved, I have rlva off, and the message I got upon dying was exactly like the message I normally receive when dying. Is there any way he could have done this?

Edit: He also was a manager of the parcel I was at, if that makes any difference

Edited by WingsOfPurity

5 hours ago, Mollymews said:

you were sent home by what is generally referred to as a security orb. Which uses this LSL function:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlTeleportAgentHome

It was not a security orb. Upon teleporting, a message saying something like "You died and have been teleported to your home location." The message was said by "Second Life." When I right clicked on the message, there was no object profile option, meaning that the message could not have been sent by an object.

To answer your question, if you saw the "You died and have been teleported to your home location."  message, you were killed on damage-enabled land.

You can not be killed through this method if server-side damage is disabled. However note that when this setting is toggled some viewers do not immediately display your health and this can cause some confusion.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.